After 7 years of living here, I finally mounted a light (on a separate circuit) in front of the circuit breaker panel. That sure makes it nice to do work in that corner of the basement...especially since my next project is to rewire the basement lights. Also mounted a few outlets in the basement, including one next to the EFM. Should be handy the next time I vacuum out the boiler to not need a 20' extension cord.
While doing this project I found some other interesting things...the most exciting was an overheated neutral wire (yellowish color instead of white). At some point someone added a circuit to the garage, and rather than running the neutral all the way up to the other corner of the panel, they pigtailed it with one that was nearby. The neutral they spliced into was serving a circuit on the same phase, so there was the potential to pull 2x20amp through that wire. It probably would not have overheated the wire if there was a light load on those circuits, but it turns out they added an outlet in the garage to the neutral for our 1200 watt microwave. Naturally that garage outlet serves duty for my beer fridge.
I spent more time on this than I was planning for today, but at least those things have been corrected.