Lehigh anthracite Pittsburgh pa area!

Re: Lehigh anthracite Pittsburgh pa area!

PostBy: LehighanthraciteMatt On: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:57 pm

We have a new bagged dealer out there who will carry: Rice, Pea, Nut and Stove. It is Ann Kanzius Feeds, 1045 Jefferson Avenue, Washington, PA 15301, Phone Number is 1-724-229-4012. He will receive his first shipment on Monday!
LehighanthraciteMatt
 

Visit Hitzer Stoves

Re: Lehigh anthracite Pittsburgh pa area!

PostBy: FirstcoalstokerRon On: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:31 pm

LehighanthraciteMatt wrote:We have a new bagged dealer out there who will carry: Rice, Pea, Nut and Stove. It is Ann Kanzius Feeds, 1045 Jefferson Avenue, Washington, PA 15301, Phone Number is 1-724-229-4012. He will receive his first shipment on Monday!


Thanks Matt, It wont hurt to have more than one place to buy pea coal for my COAL GUN I will call for prices thanks again.
FirstcoalstokerRon
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S-130
Coal Size/Type: pea/anthracite

Re: Lehigh anthracite Pittsburgh pa area!

PostBy: Dieselpowerf350 On: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:50 pm

He told me he is thinking 285/290 a ton. He will know for sure Monday.
Dieselpowerf350
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Hotblast 1557m
Coal Size/Type: All and I want more....lol!
Other Heating: Oil

Re: Lehigh anthracite Pittsburgh pa area!

PostBy: FirstcoalstokerRon On: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:31 pm

Dieselpowerf350 wrote:He told me he is thinking 285/290 a ton. He will know for sure Monday.


Thanks again, now I got coal I need to finish the install. So many things I don't know but I am learning so I hope I am posting the right things in the right place if not please tell me and if I talk to much let me know, but again I thank u all for the help with finding pea coal and with the install and again my name is Ron
FirstcoalstokerRon
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S-130
Coal Size/Type: pea/anthracite

Re: Lehigh anthracite Pittsburgh pa area!

PostBy: Dieselpowerf350 On: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:19 pm

First I would like to say Happy New Year to everyone. I hope everybody had a safe and sane holidays.
I pushed for several weeks to get some more anthracite nut dealers in the Pittsburgh area and finally Anne's feed came through and our buddy Matt hooked us up with multiple sizes for everybody. So cheers to Matt and Anne's feed for making this happen and give us more variety around here.
Thank you Matt keep up the good work!!!!!
Dieselpowerf350
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Hotblast 1557m
Coal Size/Type: All and I want more....lol!
Other Heating: Oil

Re: Lehigh anthracite Pittsburgh pa area!

PostBy: LehighanthraciteMatt On: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:06 am

Dieselpowerf350 wrote:First I would like to say Happy New Year to everyone. I hope everybody had a safe and sane holidays.
I pushed for several weeks to get some more anthracite nut dealers in the Pittsburgh area and finally Anne's feed came through and our buddy Matt hooked us up with multiple sizes for everybody. So cheers to Matt and Anne's feed for making this happen and give us more variety around here.
Thank you Matt keep up the good work!!!!!

Thanks for your Help Mike!!!!
LehighanthraciteMatt
 

Re: Lehigh anthracite Pittsburgh pa area!

PostBy: Dieselpowerf350 On: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:44 pm

I got my first batch of Lehigh nut in the stove and it was running good and hot until I put the primary air where I normally run it, then it started to cool off. So my question is do I need to run more primary when burning Lehigh coal IS THIS NORMAL? I just hope it doesn't cause it to burn up too quickly, however I'm told it has longer burn times. Any thoughts
Dieselpowerf350
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Hotblast 1557m
Coal Size/Type: All and I want more....lol!
Other Heating: Oil

Re: Lehigh anthracite Pittsburgh pa area!

PostBy: LehighanthraciteMatt On: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:09 am

Dieselpowerf350 wrote:I got my first batch of Lehigh nut in the stove and it was running good and hot until I put the primary air where I normally run it, then it started to cool off. So my question is do I need to run more primary when burning Lehigh coal IS THIS NORMAL? I just hope it doesn't cause it to burn up too quickly, however I'm told it has longer burn times. Any thoughts

Lehigh generally is higher carbon and less volatile's than other brands so it is not out of the ordinary to have to adjust....
LehighanthraciteMatt
 

Visit Hitzer Stoves

Re: Lehigh anthracite Pittsburgh pa area!

PostBy: Dieselpowerf350 On: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:49 am

Ok! Just checking. Thank you Matt. I'll keep you posted
Dieselpowerf350
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Hotblast 1557m
Coal Size/Type: All and I want more....lol!
Other Heating: Oil

Re: Lehigh anthracite Pittsburgh pa area!

PostBy: Dieselpowerf350 On: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:55 pm

IMG_9172.JPG
(56.75 KiB) Viewed 19 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]77995[/nepathumb]

IMG_9172.JPG
(56.75 KiB) Viewed 19 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]77995[/nepathumb]

Sweet!!! This is when I got home. I loaded yesterday at 6:00pm got
Up this morning at 5:30am and shook down and only had to add 1coal shovel
Full. It is going on 4:00pm and I'm still at 300 above the door and blue ladies dancing
Which in return has me dancing. :punk:
Dieselpowerf350
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Hotblast 1557m
Coal Size/Type: All and I want more....lol!
Other Heating: Oil

Re: Lehigh anthracite Pittsburgh pa area!

PostBy: Dieselpowerf350 On: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Why are all my pictures sideways?
Dieselpowerf350
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Hotblast 1557m
Coal Size/Type: All and I want more....lol!
Other Heating: Oil

Re: Lehigh anthracite Pittsburgh pa area!

PostBy: SWPaDon On: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:02 pm

Dieselpowerf350 wrote:Why are all my pictures sideways?

Pictures Sideways? Simplest Work Around Here
SWPaDon
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Re: Lehigh anthracite Pittsburgh pa area!

PostBy: Dieselpowerf350 On: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:25 pm

Don to the rescue again. Thanks brother!!!
Dieselpowerf350
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Hotblast 1557m
Coal Size/Type: All and I want more....lol!
Other Heating: Oil

Re: Lehigh anthracite Pittsburgh pa area!

PostBy: LehighanthraciteMatt On: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:07 pm

Glad you are Happy Mike!!!!
LehighanthraciteMatt
 

Re: Lehigh anthracite Pittsburgh pa area!

PostBy: Dieselpowerf350 On: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:10 pm

Just did my shake and load everything looks good. As far as ash maybe a little less not much though, but it does turn more to a powder. Got to say Lehigh is high quality. It passed this test. Last test will be when it gets cold.
Dieselpowerf350
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Hotblast 1557m
Coal Size/Type: All and I want more....lol!
Other Heating: Oil

Visit Hitzer Stoves