I feel your pain.
I had issues last summer with the track adjusters on my dozer so I just jammed them with steel to get me by, but just before Christmas one of the track adjuster broke an ear off. I went to Bernieville to get some used ones, and while this conservative was some scared, I managed to make it out of Vermont with my morals still attached.
I had to take the ROPS off my dozer to get it in the barn, and now it looks some stupid, but I might keep it off for the rest of the winter just in case I have to work on it under cover. But it did fit, I just have to duck my head so I don't hit the light bulbs hanging down.
Then I pounded on a track pin for 2 days and got it to move 1/4 of an inch. Time for a back up plan. I don't mind holding Katie, but a 12 pound sledge hammer for 2 days straight is another matter. I do try to keep the welding to a minimal on my dozer, but I ended up cutting the track adjuster rod, inserting it in the trunion and the rewelding it. It was done in 2 hours.
Of course the ball won't seat on the track adjuster so I got to figure that out, but I got new tracks so even fully loosened they stay on. Still its frustrating to go through all that and be back to square one.