Posting This Here, Because I Think It's Hilarious

Posting This Here, Because I Think It's Hilarious

PostBy: SWPaDon On: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:13 pm

IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY Scientists pick up deep space signals which could PROVE aliens are trying to contact humanity.

The region where the signals are coming from, dubbed FRB 121102 by scientists, is located about 3 billion light years away from earth.


https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2487229/a ... restrials/

Let's get this straight.........the radio waves they are receiving..........had to have been sent soon after our planet was formed. But "scientists" are sure that aliens are trying to contact us?

Are they scientists or lunatics? I'll let you be the judge.
IMHO, we need names, so we can be sure that these "scientists" get the 'notoriety' and 'help' they so desperately need.
SWPaDon
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Re: Posting This Here, Because I Think It's Hilarious

PostBy: BunkerdCaddis On: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:23 pm

SWPaDon wrote:...is located about 3 billion light years away from earth.


Yeah, I guess that ship has pretty much sailed... :what:
BunkerdCaddis
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yorker WC-90 or more likely a Van Wert VW85H [to be installed (soon, very soon)(well not as soon as I had anticipated]
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Waterford 105 pulling duty, Saey Hanover II getting dressed for the party
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Re: Posting This Here, Because I Think It's Hilarious

PostBy: Lightning On: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:10 pm

A few billion years from now when earth is nothing but a cinder of our bloated red giant sun, another civilization may pick up Earth's radio transmissions. It's not that far fetched.
Lightning
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Overmodified/Bored out Clayton 1537
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Awesome Size

Re: Posting This Here, Because I Think It's Hilarious

PostBy: SWPaDon On: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:20 pm

Lightning wrote:A few billion years from now when earth is nothing but a cinder of our bloated red giant sun, another civilization may pick up Earth's radio transmissions. It's not that far fetched.

While that part is true. The story says the aliens from 3 billion light years away are trying to contact you, right now.
SWPaDon
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Re: Posting This Here, Because I Think It's Hilarious

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:51 pm

SWPaDon wrote:
Lightning wrote:A few billion years from now when earth is nothing but a cinder of our bloated red giant sun, another civilization may pick up Earth's radio transmissions. It's not that far fetched.

While that part is true. The story says the aliens from 3 billion light years away are trying to contact you, right now.

Well actually, they tried 3 billion years ago. So not much chance of them being there for an answer! :lol:
coaledsweat
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Re: Posting This Here, Because I Think It's Hilarious

PostBy: NoSmoke On: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:33 pm

You know, I have this rock out in my field that I have had to farm around for all my life: 42 years and it has always been a rock. And my grandfather, he farmed around it too, and it was always a rock. And since this field was made a field in 1838 that rock has always been here, and always been a rock.

But scientists tell me, if I have just a little patience and wait just a few million more years it will morph into a living breathing life form...and yet they think I am dumb because I believe in creation?
NoSmoke
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vogelzang Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler (Back-up)

Re: Posting This Here, Because I Think It's Hilarious

PostBy: top top On: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:27 am

NoSmoke wrote:You know, I have this rock out in my field that I have had to farm around for all my life: 42 years and it has always been a rock. And my grandfather, he farmed around it too, and it was always a rock. And since this field was made a field in 1838 that rock has always been here, and always been a rock.

But scientists tell me, if I have just a little patience and wait just a few million more years it will morph into a living breathing life form...and yet they think I am dumb because I believe in creation?


Evolution has been proven, dontcha know. The science is settled, just like globull warming or cooling or whatever they're calling it this week. Whatever it is liberals have the solution, Send Money.
top top
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Kodiac Hand Fired with hopper.

Re: Posting This Here, Because I Think It's Hilarious

PostBy: davidmcbeth3 On: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:10 am

Want to see the actual radio signals obtained? Hear for yourself...

https://youtu.be/V-_O7nl0Ii0?t=17
davidmcbeth3
 
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 503