My timer gave up

My timer gave up

PostBy: Dakotaguy On: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:59 pm

Does any one know how or who fixes stoker timers this one gave up was rebuilt about 6 years ago motor is shot on it
Attachments
IMG_0539.JPG
(130.8 KiB) Viewed 8 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]77797[/nepathumb]
Dakotaguy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Efm 520 highboy
Coal Size/Type: Lots of rice from Lehigh
Other Heating: Pops 2010 df 520 stoker


Re: My timer gave up

PostBy: gaw On: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:45 am

Several years ago a guy that worked at Reading Foundry Supply in Pottsville told me he did. I don’t know his name or even if he works there anymore but you could give them a call or stop by and inquire. :idea:
gaw
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Re: My timer gave up

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:38 am

Throw it out and get a new one. I learned my lesson on fixing timers running through a steam bath to shut it down.
coaledsweat
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Re: My timer gave up

PostBy: Rob R. On: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:12 am

Get an Intermatic C8865 from Zoro.
Rob R.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Rice
Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy

Re: My timer gave up

PostBy: Dakotaguy On: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:21 pm

Thanks for all the responses thank goodness I save stuff I found a brand new will Burt timer in my front basement hooked it up an good to go I thought I had one the old one is in trash
Dakotaguy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Efm 520 highboy
Coal Size/Type: Lots of rice from Lehigh
Other Heating: Pops 2010 df 520 stoker

Re: My timer gave up

PostBy: Hambden Bob On: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:13 pm

Nice stop on the problem with that NOS Refind,Dakota Guy ! :up:
Hambden Bob
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Re: My timer gave up

PostBy: titleist1 On: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:47 pm

Dakotaguy wrote:thank goodness I save stuff I found a brand new will Burt timer in my front basement


:clap: its great to have a stash of useful stuff stored on site....

Its even better when you can find it!! :dancing:

way to go dakotaguy!
titleist1
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Mag Stoker (old style) one in basement, one in workshop
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III on standby for long power outages
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite; Nut/Anthracite

Re: My timer gave up

PostBy: CoalisCoolxWarm On: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:04 pm

titleist1 wrote:Its even better when you can find it!! :dancing:


I need to invite you to a BBQ and turn you loose in the lower building! 8-)
CoalisCoolxWarm
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: old Sears rebuilt, bituminous- offline as of winter 2014
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Buckwheat
Other Heating: Oil Boiler


Re: My timer gave up

PostBy: titleist1 On: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:16 pm

CoalisCoolxWarm wrote:I need to invite you to a BBQ and turn you loose in the lower building!


I hate to be antisocial but a BBQ trip to help catalogue somebody's stuff may not be in the cards.... :(
I keep pretty busy wandering through 2 small sheds, the pole barn and the two story detached garage plus the basement looking for that special thing that I put in that special place so i would be able to easily find it again. :oops:

My weekend quest to find the 24awg stranded black wire i knew i had saved was a success. I wanted it for some LED shelf lighting, had to cut the real short jumpers with the special connectors and splice in my salvaged black wire to run from shelf to shelf. Only took two hours of Friday night and one hour of Sat morning to track it down and as a bonus I also found the plastic parts bin organizer i knew i had out there too!

The kids friends used to love to come for team scavenger hunts until they got old enough to realize it wasn't a game it was just my way to get them to find my stuff for an upcoming project. :)
titleist1
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Mag Stoker (old style) one in basement, one in workshop
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III on standby for long power outages
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite; Nut/Anthracite

Re: My timer gave up

PostBy: CoalisCoolxWarm On: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:31 pm

titleist1 wrote:
CoalisCoolxWarm wrote:I need to invite you to a BBQ and turn you loose in the lower building!


I hate to be antisocial but a BBQ trip to help catalogue somebody's stuff may not be in the cards.... :(
I keep pretty busy wandering through 2 small sheds, the pole barn and the two story detached garage plus the basement looking for that special thing that I put in that special place so i would be able to easily find it again. :oops:

My weekend quest to find the 24awg stranded black wire i knew i had saved was a success. I wanted it for some LED shelf lighting, had to cut the real short jumpers with the special connectors and splice in my salvaged black wire to run from shelf to shelf. Only took two hours of Friday night and one hour of Sat morning to track it down and as a bonus I also found the plastic parts bin organizer i knew i had out there too!

The kids friends used to love to come for team scavenger hunts until they got old enough to realize it wasn't a game it was just my way to get them to find my stuff for an upcoming project. :)


Mind if I copy this for my bio? LOL!
CoalisCoolxWarm
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: old Sears rebuilt, bituminous- offline as of winter 2014
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Buckwheat
Other Heating: Oil Boiler

Re: My timer gave up

PostBy: Dakotaguy On: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:00 pm

Go for it I love saving good useful stuff my wife calls it junk I call it money in the bank
Dakotaguy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Efm 520 highboy
Coal Size/Type: Lots of rice from Lehigh
Other Heating: Pops 2010 df 520 stoker

Re: My timer gave up

PostBy: CoalisCoolxWarm On: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:06 pm

Dakotaguy wrote:Go for it I love saving good useful stuff my wife calls it junk I call it money in the bank


Yeah, that's how I ended up with all these pipe fittings. At some point I'll get some help for a few days, then you'll see a good list of fittings for sale- especially large ones. LOL

Gotta convert some of this stuff to cash...maybe help someone out while I'm at it ;)
CoalisCoolxWarm
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: old Sears rebuilt, bituminous- offline as of winter 2014
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Buckwheat
Other Heating: Oil Boiler

Re: My timer gave up

PostBy: Dakotaguy On: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Don't feel bad me and my brother have crap laying everywhere in sheds basements my dads garage stoker parts boilers car parts don't even know what we have but we have it somewhere
Dakotaguy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Efm 520 highboy
Coal Size/Type: Lots of rice from Lehigh
Other Heating: Pops 2010 df 520 stoker

Re: My timer gave up

PostBy: CoalisCoolxWarm On: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:58 pm

Yep, that proves it.

When the big disaster hits, it will be NEPA members who REBUILD the nation, in true STEAMPUNK fashion! toothy
CoalisCoolxWarm
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: old Sears rebuilt, bituminous- offline as of winter 2014
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Buckwheat
Other Heating: Oil Boiler