‘Don’t tip black people’: Patron leaves

‘Don’t tip black people’: Patron leaves

PostBy: SWPaDon On: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:28 am

leaves racist note on receipt

Multiple news outlets, which ran pictures of the receipt , report that the message scrawled at the bottom of the bill at Anita’s New Mexico Style Cafe in Ashburn read “great service don’t tip black people.”

http://nypost.com/2017/01/10/dont-tip-b ... n-receipt/


This story smells to high heaven. IMHO
SWPaDon
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace


Re: ‘Don’t tip black people’: Patron leaves

PostBy: Sunny Boy On: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:13 pm

I've come across some people who I wouldn't be surprised to find out they did something racist like that. So I wouldn't discount it until proven otherwise.

Too bad the lamestream media likes to dwell on one side of the racisum story and it takes something as outrageous as that video of a mentally handicapped white guy getting kidnapped and beat up to make the news. Racism will only end when all sides stop being racist !

Paul
Sunny Boy
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Re: ‘Don’t tip black people’: Patron leaves

PostBy: davidmcbeth3 On: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:18 pm

I don't really pay attention to the color or ethnicity of my servers myself.

I cannot control other people.
davidmcbeth3
 
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 503

Re: ‘Don’t tip black people’: Patron leaves

PostBy: CoalisCoolxWarm On: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:01 pm

Whether True or false, the story points out an unfortunate truth.

Once you make it "okay" to make decisions based on race, people start making decisions based on race.

You cannot have race-based "privileges" or special treatment or special handling without accepting race-based detriments, too.

You either use race as a criteria or you don't. It is foolish to think you can implement one and outlaw the other.

Neither belongs in our society, but unfortunately too many greedy folks like the idea of being treated "special" because of their race and knowingly sacrifice their neighbors to the detriments that kind of behavior brings.

Sad, but true.
CoalisCoolxWarm
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: old Sears rebuilt, bituminous- offline as of winter 2014
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Buckwheat
Other Heating: Oil Boiler

Re: ‘Don’t tip black people’: Patron leaves

PostBy: SWPaDon On: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:02 pm

Some people are cruel enough to do something like that, but we've also had a big uptick in people 'staging' this kind of thing. Just like the Muslim girl that claimed she was attacked and her Hijab torn off. Turned out to be a lie.
SWPaDon
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Re: ‘Don’t tip black people’: Patron leaves

PostBy: davidmcbeth3 On: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:31 pm

I don't tip democrats. Anything wrong with that? Why give them $$$ that they'll just give to lizzurds?
davidmcbeth3
 
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 503

Re: ‘Don’t tip black people’: Patron leaves

PostBy: SWPaDon On: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:05 pm

davidmcbeth3 wrote:I don't tip democrats. Anything wrong with that? Why give them $$$ that they'll just give to lizzurds?

:up: :clap: toothy
SWPaDon
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Re: ‘Don’t tip black people’: Patron leaves

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm

Wow - that's just down the road from me. Can't say if it's true or fake but given the area I'd be surprised if it were to turn out true. Loudoun County, VA is not a hot pocket of racism. Au contarie, it's mostly young families and Commuters to DC. Seems to me if the couple really did not want to be served by a black woman, they would have left before they ate the food. It doesn't say if the bill was paid, just that there was not tip.

My question is how did the NY Post get the story and why is it news worthy for their subscribers? It doesn't sound right. Lisa
Last edited by lowfog01 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lowfog01
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea


Re: ‘Don’t tip black people’: Patron leaves

PostBy: CoalisCoolxWarm On: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:12 pm

lowfog01 wrote:My question is how did the NY Post get the story and why is it news worthy for their subscribers? It doesn't sound right. Lisa


No such place as Loudon, VA. It's just a figment of your imagination, the NY Post made up the name and will tell you what to think :roll: :o
CoalisCoolxWarm
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: old Sears rebuilt, bituminous- offline as of winter 2014
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Buckwheat
Other Heating: Oil Boiler

Re: ‘Don’t tip black people’: Patron leaves

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:23 pm

CoalisCoolxWarm wrote:
lowfog01 wrote:My question is how did the NY Post get the story and why is it news worthy for their subscribers? It doesn't sound right. Lisa


No such place as Loudon, VA. It's just a figment of your imagination, the NY Post made up the name and will tell you what to think :roll: :o


Nope, been lost there too many times for it to be figment of my imagination. It's a pleasant, rural area quickly becoming citified. That's why it's all the more confusing why the NY Post would have an interest in the story.

Let's just say I have my doubts it's true. The paper obviously didn't spend a whole lot of time verifying it. No, security video and no collaboration of other employees. Where's the actual receipt? We will never hear about this again but I'm thinking fake all the way.
lowfog01
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Re: ‘Don’t tip black people’: Patron leaves

PostBy: CoalisCoolxWarm On: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:31 pm

lowfog01 wrote:Nope, been lost there too many times for it to be figment of my imagination. It's a pleasant, rural area quickly becoming citified. That's why it's all the more confusing why the NY Post would have an interest in the story.

Let's just say I have my doubts it's true. The paper obviously didn't spend a whole lot of time verifying it. No, security video and no collaboration of other employees. Where's the actual receipt? We will never hear about this again but I'm thinking fake all the way.


Roadtrip to the restaurant? See if it actually exists, or maybe they made that name up, too?
CoalisCoolxWarm
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: old Sears rebuilt, bituminous- offline as of winter 2014
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Buckwheat
Other Heating: Oil Boiler

Re: ‘Don’t tip black people’: Patron leaves

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:09 am

CoalisCoolxWarm wrote:
lowfog01 wrote:Nope, been lost there too many times for it to be figment of my imagination. It's a pleasant, rural area quickly becoming citified. That's why it's all the more confusing why the NY Post would have an interest in the story.

Let's just say I have my doubts it's true. The paper obviously didn't spend a whole lot of time verifying it. No, security video and no collaboration of other employees. Where's the actual receipt? We will never hear about this again but I'm thinking fake all the way.


Roadtrip to the restaurant? See if it actually exists, or maybe they made that name up, too?


I've actually been at the restaurant. It's one of a 6 or 7 store local Mom and Pop chain. The location in question is close to the trail head of the Washington and Old Dominion bike trail that DK and I ride on most weekends in the summer. We have a Anita's within walking distance of the house; decent food but definitely not Mexican. I haven't seen anything to give credence to the story yet. Lisa
lowfog01
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Re: ‘Don’t tip black people’: Patron leaves

PostBy: CoalisCoolxWarm On: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:04 am

lowfog01 wrote:I've actually been at the restaurant. It's one of a 6 or 7 store local Mom and Pop chain. The location in question is close to the trail head of the Washington and Old Dominion bike trail that DK and I ride on most weekends in the summer. We have a Anita's within walking distance of the house; decent food but definitely not Mexican. I haven't seen anything to give credence to the story yet. Lisa


Thanks for the investigative work, Lisa 8-)

But don't get too much info, else you might end up on the Clinton's hit list, they don't like people who expose liars :shock: :roll:
CoalisCoolxWarm
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: old Sears rebuilt, bituminous- offline as of winter 2014
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Buckwheat
Other Heating: Oil Boiler

Re: ‘Don’t tip black people’: Patron leaves

PostBy: cabinover On: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:13 pm

CoalisCoolxWarm wrote:
lowfog01 wrote:I've actually been at the restaurant. It's one of a 6 or 7 store local Mom and Pop chain. The location in question is close to the trail head of the Washington and Old Dominion bike trail that DK and I ride on most weekends in the summer. We have a Anita's within walking distance of the house; decent food but definitely not Mexican. I haven't seen anything to give credence to the story yet. Lisa


Thanks for the investigative work, Lisa 8-)

But don't get too much info, else you might end up on the Clinton's hit list, they don't like people who expose liars :shock: :roll:


Are they still relevent? Thought both had crawled in a hole somewhere and disappeared.
cabinover
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Hybrid Axeman Anderson 130
Baseburners & Antiques: Sparkle #12
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Buckwheat, Nut
Other Heating: LP Hot air. WA TX for coal use.