Since we are finally back online and up and running, and since Rob asked me what's happening, here goes..................
I returned the first inducer and replaced it with the AD-1model since it already has the rheostat attached to regulate the fan speed.
Got everything installed and running I think on Tuesday night right before the NEPA blackout. Having the rheostat turned down as low as possible gives me a reading of -.04 to -.05 at idle on the manometer. A little too much draft if you ask me, but too much would only lead to heat up the chimney correct ?? But I would like to dial the inducer back a little bit more. Going to have to get another rheostat that slows it down some more. I'm happy and so is everyone else or so I think......
Wednesday night the sister in law states that sometime in the night when the wind started howling, she smells sulphur in her upstairs bedroom. She checks her CO monitor and it is reading rather high. She opens windows all over the house. Only issue is that she doesn't realize that the garage stack for the Hyfire II out there is just about even with her bedroom windows. And that depending on wind direction may be blowing right to her windows.
I find this out after I'm at work. So I head home to check everything out while they are all at work. Find that the CO detector that she was looking at was on the carpeted floor and is 11 years old !!!! She goes out and buys a new one. Actually 2 new detectors. Installs them and starts getting readings of CO in the house. The one detector must be bad and reading incorrectly. Our detector does not record any when we took it over to her side of the house.
Although it might be possible that the inducer is over pressuring the chimney and if there are any cracks, it may be pushing it into her house. So to make sure that there is nothing wrong with the chimney, I have scheduled a cleaning and inspection for Monday morning.
When I installed the flue pipe, I never added the extra piece to the "T" that Axeman suggests, so last night, I taped a piece of extra flue pipe in there. I didn't have any rivets to make it permanent. I will do that later when it warms up. And since we once again have wind and lower temps, I shut off the inducer. I was still maintaining -.02 at idle last night. I'll keep an eye on it throughout the weekend. And I just bought a new KIDDE Nighthawk KN-Copp-3 for our side. I also bought a handheld CO Detector which should be delivered Tuesday.