McCain says Obama trip to Iraq may be soon

Re: McCain says Obama trip to Iraq may be soon

PostBy: spc On: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:15 pm

"Obama couldn’t go to Iraq today if we followed his plan"

spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: McCain says Obama trip to Iraq may be soon

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:22 pm

spc wrote:"Obama couldn’t go to Iraq today if we followed his plan"


Didn't have time to watch the whole thing Stephen but sounds like the same words can & will be spoken whenever we decide to leave, even after 100 years. When do we achieve Lieberman's, Bush's or McCain's victory??


This happened today:


U.S. troops kill son of Iraqi governor Sun Jul 20, 9:25 AM ET



BAGHDAD (Reuters) - U.S. forces shot dead the 17-year-old son and another relative of the governor of northern Iraq's Salahuddin province in a raid on Sunday, local officials said.

Full Story:http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080720/ts_nm/iraq_violence_dc_1


Tragedies like this are bound to happen as long as WE are fighting over there & making more enemies!
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: McCain says Obama trip to Iraq may be soon

PostBy: BugsyR On: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:36 pm

Devil5052 wrote: Just one of many "mental slips" by McCain. I don't want to entrust the Commander In Chief job to an elderly man prone to many "mental slips."

I'll take hundreds more of his mental slips over Obama's lack of experience anyday

Damned straight!.... Be honest now, if the Obama campaign had "let slip" ideas on an upcoming McCain trip to Iraq......You'd all be screaming traitor!

Wrong if you think you can include me into the group "screaming traitor", I'm not the type to lose my mind over something this senseless

As far as who you'll vote for in November Mike, we all have to make our own decision & I admit that Obama is a bit of an unknown quantity. On the other hand, McCain is a very well know quantity & if you like where 8 years of GW Bush has left this country, our economy, gas & heating oil prices, our over-stretched military & the world, then you'll just love four more years of Bush policies under McCain.

Ummm, I don't believe McCain is Bush. I believe McCain is Republican who voted in line AND out of line with his Party over the years. I don't like everything he stands for but I believe in him a whole lot more than Mr. Obama.


By the way, if Obama didn't want the world to know he was going to Southwest Asia he never should have let the media know. Which means he should have put a muzzle on his people. McCain didn't let the world know about Obama's trip...Obama and his people allowed the world know. The only ones that crossed the lines are Obama's people. In your terms of "traitor"... yeah, the traitor, if there is such a thing in this case, exsists within Obama's camp.
BugsyR
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K


Re: McCain says Obama trip to Iraq may be soon

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:50 pm

BugsyR wrote:I'll take hundreds more of his mental slips over Obama's lack of experience anyday


I wouldn't. What Obama loses to McCain in experience he more than makes up for in judgment. (experience is useless if it doesn't improve your judgment)



BugsyR wrote:Wrong if you think you can include me into the group "screaming traitor", I'm not the type to lose my mind over something this senseless



I wasn't saying you personally Mike.....It was meant as applying to a generic "Anti-Obama" group.



BugsyR wrote:Ummm, I don't believe McCain is Bush. I believe McCain is Republican who voted in line AND out of line with his Party over the years. I don't like everything he stands for but I believe in him a whole lot more than Mr. Obama.



If we were talking about the John McCain of 2000 I could agree with you, but we are talking about the very different John McCain of 2008. The "new" McCain has changed his position on so many core issues of his that he bares very little resemblance to the earlier McCain. (pandering to the religious right, Backing the Bush tax cuts, backing "Waterboarding", backing Bush's disastrous energy plan, the list goes on & on) I liked, respected & even could have supported the earlier "Straight Talking" John McCain. The "new" John McCain is unrecognizable & a far different man.


BugsyR wrote:By the way, if Obama didn't want the world to know he was going to Southwest Asia he never should have let the media know


For obvious security reasons, Obama did not announce specific dates of his visits, McCain did.........Why?
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: McCain says Obama trip to Iraq may be soon

PostBy: Richard S. On: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:17 pm

Devil5052 wrote:backing Bush's disastrous energy plan, the list goes on & on)


I'll remind you again Let's Fight Back Against High Fuel Prices:

Richard S. wrote:LOL... its funny you keep bashing Bush about being a Exxon lackey, lets see what McCain had to say about the Bush-Cheney energy plan in 2005:

"This bill does little to address the immediate energy crisis we face in this country," he said in a statement his Senate office issued at the time. "The handouts to big business and oil companies are irresponsible and will be disastrous for the people of Arizona. I cannot in good conscience vote to pass legislation that does not adequately address issues related to energy efficiency, security, and energy independence."


http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/400/

And what was Obama's opinion about the bill? .... Aye :lol:


:?: :?: :?:

Energy is by far the biggest issue in this election because it effects the economy on such a grand scale. The Democrats are by far the biggest reason reason we are in this predicament... blocking anything and everything that isn't green to appease the environmentalists. If you think Obama's plan to not only continue this practice but ratchet it up a notch or two is going to help things you are sadly mistaken. His plan does absolutely nothing... nothing... to address the issues of the current state of energy in this country caused by them.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: McCain says Obama trip to Iraq may be soon

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:35 pm

Richard S. wrote:Energy is by far the biggest issue in this election because it effects the economy on such a grand scale. The Democrats are by far the biggest reason reason we are in this predicament... blocking anything and everything that isn't green to appease the environmentalists. If you think Obama's plan to not only continue this practice but ratchet it up a notch or two is going to help things you are sadly mistaken. His plan does absolutely nothing... nothing... to address the issues of the current state of energy in this country caused by them.




You can say that with a straight face while an "Oil Man", (whose family made it's fortune in the oil business) has been running this country for the last 8 years? (& the Democrats have had only a slim majority in the House & Senate for just one of the 8 years??)

Give me a break!!
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: McCain says Obama trip to Iraq may be soon

PostBy: BugsyR On: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:42 pm

Devil5052 wrote:I wouldn't. What Obama loses to McCain in experience he more than makes up for in judgment. (experience is useless if it doesn't improve your judgment)
Iknow...it's one of those things where we differ...which is cool with me

I wasn't saying you personally Mike.....It was meant as applying to a generic "Anti-Obama" group.
That's what I figured...but your typed English referencing my quote states different ("You'd all be screaming Traitor") that includes me into the group (and by the way I am not Anti-Obama...I just like McCain more)

Obama did not announce specific dates of his visits, McCain did.........Why?
And once again, if Obama or someone in his camp didn't announce the "specific dates", how did McCain come across them? I quote from your first post referring to Reuters article... "a high-security trip by Barack Obama"... Not very secure info there if your biggest political rival gets the info. High security trips mean the media is also left out of it...so was Richard BS'ing when he posted "Obama will be there with all three anchors from the 3 networks..."?


There are things about Obama I like but I, like you, "...stopped believing in Santa & the Tooth Fairy years ago". McCain is for me because he's more believable.
BugsyR
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K

Re: McCain says Obama trip to Iraq may be soon

PostBy: BugsyR On: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:51 pm

Devil5052 wrote:You can say that with a straight face while an "Oil Man", (whose family made it's fortune in the oil business) has been running this country for the last 8 years? (& the Democrats have had only a slim majority in the House & Senate for just one of the 8 years??)

Give me a break!!


Congress....Just say NO to Fuel Tax Holiday....just say YES to higher gas taxes!!

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/was ... iday_N.htm


I did not and still don't agree with Hillary or McCain about the Fuel Tax Holiday. Glad Congress dropped it on Capitol Hill. What torques me is instead of leaving the fuel tax where it is what does our 17% approval rating Congress think of doing....10 cents per gallon more!!!! God Bless them...they are awesome aren't they!!
BugsyR
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K

Re: McCain says Obama trip to Iraq may be soon

PostBy: Richard S. On: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:17 pm

Devil5052 wrote:
You can say that with a straight face while an "Oil Man", (whose family made it's fortune in the oil business) has been running this country for the last 8 years?


I certainly can, environmentalist have been fighting everything and anything for the last couple of decades that would secure this countries energy. This iisue hasn't cropped up in just the last few years. Coal plants, Nuke Plants, new oil wells, new and very strict environmental rules... hell the largest oil filed in the world might be right off our shores and we wouldn't know it because they cant even do exploratory drilling. It's not the majority of Republicans blocking these things and Obama is following the same line. It's right in his energy plan exactly what he intends to do...
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: McCain says Obama trip to Iraq may be soon

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:00 pm

Richard S. wrote:I certainly can, environmentalist have been fighting everything and anything for the last couple of decades that would secure this countries energy.



Sorry Richard....The Republicans have had unchecked control of the White House & both houses of Congress for most of the last eight years & I think the American voter will show just how fed up we are with being lied to come this November. We were lied into an unnecessary war, our homes are worth nothing any more, we can't fill our gas tanks or heat our homes, people are lining up outside banks afraid for their money, our government is used as a bludgeon to attack political enemies (ALA Watergate) FAA, Justice, FDA, FEMA & most other agencies are now useless because they have been gutted of professional career employees in favor of political "Hacks" who attend the right church............etc...etc...etc..
And it's the Democrats fault??!!

I may have been born at night Richard....but it wasn't last night! :devil:
Last edited by Devil505 on Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: McCain says Obama trip to Iraq may be soon

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:20 pm

BugsyR wrote:What torques me is instead of leaving the fuel tax where it is what does our 17% approval rating Congress think of doing....10 cents per gallon more!!!! God Bless them...they are awesome aren't they!!



Congress's low approval rating is due to the fact that they haven't ended this senseless occupation in Iraq or impeached Bush........It's that simple, & I agree with it. (Pelosi & Reid need to lose their jobs, but let's not forget the main villain in this "Horse Opera"............GW Bush!........5 more months & counting!!) :clap:
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: McCain says Obama trip to Iraq may be soon

PostBy: spc On: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:50 pm

Devil5052 wrote:our homes are worth nothing any more, we can't fill our gas tanks or heat our homes, people are lining up outside banks afraid for their money
Let us know when your Government check bounces. ;) We'll start a "devil5052 fund" for ya. :lol:

You can always move to a socialist country of your choice. :P
"In his book, Dreams from My Father, Obama writes of the "socialist conferences I sometimes attended at Cooper Union"

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/T ... ialist.asp
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: McCain says Obama trip to Iraq may be soon

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:58 pm

spc wrote:You can always move to a socialist country of your choice. :P
"In his book, Dreams from My Father, Obama writes of the "socialist conferences I sometimes attended at Cooper Union"




You mean "Socialism" like the socialized health care that Bush & Cheney get that we taxpayers pay for? (I want my money back)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: McCain says Obama trip to Iraq may be soon

PostBy: BugsyR On: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:29 pm

Devil5052 wrote:
And it's the Democrats fault??!!


Hey, stop playing head games with us!!!! Is this some form of that reverse psychology you agents are trained in????:)
BugsyR
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K

Re: McCain says Obama trip to Iraq may be soon

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:05 pm

BugsyR wrote:Hey, stop playing head games with us!!!! Is this some form of that reverse psychology you agents are trained in????:)


:?: :?: :?:
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000