A few years ago my volunteer fire department was called to respond mutual aid to a neighboring district for an explosion.
Seems that the homeowner worked at a junkyard and would drain gas tanks and bring the gasoline home to burn in his furnace
. One day there was a leak in one of the cans and it caught on fire and exploded, lifting the house off it's foundation and breaking windows on several houses in the neighborhood
. Luckily, the explosion snuffed out the fire as he had two oil tanks in the cellar full of gasoline that didn't explode.
After the "all clear" was sounded, the fire chief had the homeowner arrested and a hazardous waste company come to remove the fuel.