Oil Prices

Oil Prices

PostBy: BugsyR On: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:00 pm

Going down????

Oil Dashboard
September, Thursday 11 2008 - 11:53:33
Crude Oil
$100.83
▼1.75 1.71%
11:53 AM EDT - 2008.09.11


http://www.oil-price.net/

Will it go below $100????
BugsyR
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K

Re: Oil Prices

PostBy: Devil505 On: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:17 pm

BugsyR wrote:Will it go below $100????



(Looks into his crystal ball) Even with hurricanes storming through the Carri bean, (looks even deeper into the crystal ball) I see gasoline & home heating fuel inexplicably plummeting until..............( coming into better focus now....)...Yup......The day after the election on November 4th!! :lol:

Gotta love those legitimate, world-wide market forces! :mad: :devil:
Last edited by Devil505 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Oil Prices

PostBy: BugsyR On: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:18 pm

Oil Dashboard
September, Thursday 11 2008 - 12:14:36
Crude Oil
$101.52
▼1.06 1.03%


Thanks Dick...you just jinxed it... :lol:
Back up it goes.
BugsyR
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K


Re: Oil Prices

PostBy: Devil505 On: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:23 pm

BugsyR wrote:Thanks Dick...you just jinxed it... :lol:
Back up it goes.



Not a chance where I live! (In Hell)

Not through election day, 11/4/2008.............& then some catastrophe will .......be made up......I mean EMERGE that will suddenly cause steep price increases again. Anyone wanna bet?..........Again?
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Oil Prices

PostBy: BugsyR On: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:31 pm

Devil505 wrote: ...that will suddenly cause steep price increases again. Anyone wanna bet?..........Again?


No way!
I made that same prediction a while back but I say it happens after the new year...steep increase that is.


(Unless a nasty hurricane comes along prior to)
BugsyR
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K

Re: Oil Prices

PostBy: Devil505 On: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:45 pm

BugsyR wrote:No way!
I made that same prediction a while back but I say it happens after the new year...steep increase that is.



I was being a bit facetious when I said prices will rise the day after the election Mike. That would make some people believe that there is illegal price fixing afoot! :lol: (No.......They'll make up some cute bedtime story about why prices are going up again, & then ease the prices back up to.....the sky's the limit!

......BUT

(if we throw all the bums out on 11/4, maybe they'll get a little nervous that a new Marshal is coming to clean up Dodge City!)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Oil Prices

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:16 pm

The reason the price is falling in spite of Russian aggresion, hurricanes, etc. is that the speculators have left the oil market. The reduced demand and strengthening dollar are also contributing to the drop.

Oil will continue to fall as long as the demand is down.
coaledsweat
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Re: Oil Prices

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:23 pm

This might help things along.

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topst ... 0of%20opec

Thank you Hugo Chavez! :clap: :clap: :clap: :punk:
coaledsweat
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Re: Oil Prices

PostBy: chabbo On: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:52 pm

I would agree that the commodities markets (oil, metals, etc.) have been declining and are being held down because of the rising dollar (propped up through PPT (Plunge Protection Team manipulation, i.e., Bernanke, Paulson and crew) and that this should continue leading up to the election. Thereafter, I fully expect to see the dollar resume its slide and commodities resume their rise in prices. The only thing that has changed in the past two months is that it has become more clear that there is a severe economic slowdown in Europe and Japan, thus the rise in the dollar in relation to the euro, the pound and the yen. Russia, India, China and Brazil, however, should lead the world to higher commodity prices because of their increasing demand for them and, more importantly, they have the actual dollars to buy them and drive the prices up, imo. The PPT can only pull out so many tricks from its magic bag until the US house of cards comes a tumbling down from its massive debts and massive fiat currency.

Manny
chabbo
 
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

Re: Oil Prices

PostBy: Devil505 On: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:12 pm

coaledsweat wrote:The reason the price is falling in spite of Russian aggresion, hurricanes, etc. is that the speculators have left the oil market. The reduced demand and strengthening dollar are also contributing to the drop.

Oil will continue to fall as long as the demand is down.



& I'll be willing to bet all those reasons will suddenly disappear on November 5th! :lol:
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Oil Prices

PostBy: ken On: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:23 pm

it will be $70 to $80 buy the end of the year.
ken
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker - Rice Coal
Stove/Furnace Model: 75K - Bay Window - Direct Vent

Re: Oil Prices

PostBy: traderfjp On: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:30 pm

It was overbought so it will probably be over sold. Then money will come back into oil and the price will most likely stabilize for a while and we may see some volatility.
traderfjp
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing 3

Re: Oil Prices

PostBy: japar On: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:06 pm

Just paid $4.02 for diesel and crude was down 1.63 so far today , soon diesel will be below $4 and heating oil is like 30 cents less. The loser will be the independant oil dealer. With the amount of new and used stove installations this year there will be less demand for heating oil. My useage went from just over 100 gals a month to around 25gals. I more or less use my furnase as a hot water heater
japar
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hearthmate
Stove/Furnace Make: Hearthmate
Stove/Furnace Model: combo

Re: Oil Prices

PostBy: coalmeister On: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:10 pm

Devil505 wrote:
BugsyR wrote:Thanks Dick...you just jinxed it... :lol:
Back up it goes.



Not a chance where I live! (In Hell)

Not through election day, 11/4/2008.............& then some catastrophe will .......be made up......I mean EMERGE that will suddenly cause steep price increases again. Anyone wanna bet?..........Again?


Boy oh boy, I bet you think Bush's *censored* don't stink and he can walk on water too :D
coalmeister
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska 140 Furnace -sold
Stove/Furnace Model: Harmon VF3000 -sold

Re: Oil Prices

PostBy: coalmeister On: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:11 pm

Devil505 wrote:
BugsyR wrote:Will it go below $100????



(Looks into his crystal ball) Even with hurricanes storming through the Carri bean, (looks even deeper into the crystal ball) I see gasoline & home heating fuel inexplicably plummeting until..............( coming into better focus now....)...Yup......The day after the election on November 4th!! :lol:

Gotta love those legitimate, world-wide market forces! :mad: :devil:


Sorry, supposed to be here!
Boy oh boy, I bet you think Bush's *censored* don't stink and he can walk on water too :D
coalmeister
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska 140 Furnace -sold
Stove/Furnace Model: Harmon VF3000 -sold