McCain Admits He Will Raise YOUR Taxes

McCain Admits He Will Raise YOUR Taxes

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:17 am

Today, on ABC's George Stephanopoulos interview show, John McCain was forced to admit that he plans on taxing your employer's contribution of your health plan.[(you will have to claim this on your tax return, as income) This will result in a huge tax increase on the middle class, while he & his rich buddies are given huge tax breaks. Inexcusable! :mad:
(just his latest attempt at deception in that he figures that the American voter is to stupid to understand this is a tax increase to us, while he can pretend he isn't raising taxes on the middle class......Yup......a McCain administration would truly be 4 more years of Bush lies. I guess destroying our economy is just not enough for these thieves!)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: McCain Admits He Will Raise YOUR Taxes

PostBy: pvolcko On: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:17 pm

Why are you so blatantly and purposely neglecting to mention the $5000 tax credit for health care he's also proposing as part of his health care cost reduction and reform package? One will not happen without the other, they are a package deal. Because of this pairing, the vast majority of people will end up with either a wash or a net income, or if they don't currently have health insurance they'll get a fighting chance at being able to afford it.
pvolcko
 

Re: McCain Admits He Will Raise YOUR Taxes

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:10 pm

pvolcko wrote:Why are you so blatantly and purposely neglecting to mention the $5000 tax credit for health care he's also proposing as part of his health care cost reduction and reform package?


Because we all know that a $5000.00 tax credit would not pay for most middle class family's annual health care costs......& John McCain knows it! (just more of his deception) How much was your family's total health insurance cost last year? (employer & employee portion combined)
Last edited by Devil505 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000


Re: McCain Admits He Will Raise YOUR Taxes

PostBy: vtec350 On: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:17 pm

Just like Osama saying "95% of Americans will not see any tax increases"

Please tell me the 5% that will be able to carry the burden ??
vtec350
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KA-6

Re: McCain Admits He Will Raise YOUR Taxes

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:37 pm

vtec350 wrote:Please tell me the 5% that will be able to carry the burden ??


Exxon-Mobil alone could do it & still provide a healthy profit for it's CEO's to live on.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: McCain Admits He Will Raise YOUR Taxes

PostBy: orvis On: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:04 pm

Even if what you say is true, and it probably is not...
Some of us have values we cherish more than just money.

He who steals my purse steals trash.

Obama wants to steal my freedoms. He wants me to be dependent on the state for everything I do. That is the way of the Leftist (spit).

No thanks. I am not a ward of the state, I am not a "victim" of "oppression", nor am I a parasite on the public purse (public servant).
I am a free person. Many have fought and died to make me so, and I thank them. I will vote to keep my freedoms, and the freedoms of those sad and pathetic fools who have been mind-raped by leftist orthodoxy and who would trade those freedoms for a (small) handful of silver.
orvis
 
Stove/Furnace Make: alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: channing III

Re: McCain Admits He Will Raise YOUR Taxes

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:15 pm

orvis wrote:Obama wants to steal my freedoms. He wants me to be dependent on the state for everything I do. That is the way of the Leftist (spit).


I'm not voting for Obama...I'm voting for Ron Pail. I usely vote the Democrat ticket but not this year due to their cowardice. Ron Paul represents the true honorable real Republican views that I can support. (smaller government, accountability, against the bailout) McCain is just a liar who will say/do anything to trick you into voting for him for another 4 years of GW Bush.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: McCain Admits He Will Raise YOUR Taxes

PostBy: pvolcko On: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:30 pm

Devil505 wrote:
pvolcko wrote:Why are you so blatantly and purposely neglecting to mention the $5000 tax credit for health care he's also proposing as part of his health care cost reduction and reform package?

Because we all know that a $5000.00 tax credit would not pay for most middle class family's annual health care costs......& John McCain knows it! (just more of his deception) How much was your family's total health insurance cost last year? (employer & employee portion combined)


Will you please stop cherry picking and start making a logical argument? First you pull just the one part of the plan out and castigate it, then you take the second part and castigate it, both times without acknowledging they are a pair and have a combined effect of either washing out or benefiting the middle class family at tax time and in general. Lets say a family's health insurance costs $10,000 a year, combined employer and employee cost. This plan says the employee pays tax on the employer contribution (because it is in fact part of the employee's salary, just hidden from view). The employer doesn't stop paying for the insurance, all that is done is the true value of things is exposed within the context of that employee/employer relationship. So, if we assume a 28% tax bracket for the middle class family (probably on the high side, plus this doesn't include child tax credits and deductions and whatnot which lower the effective tax rate such a family sees) that's an additional $2800 in tax the family will pay. However, there is the $5000 tax credit applied against this tax increase, resulting in a net $2200 tax credit to the family. This tax credit get paid out as an additional $2200 refund to the family (assuming they don't owe more than witholding for some other reason). That's $2200 to cover co-pays, buy clothes and supplies, or pay down credit card debt or what have you.

Now, separately, lets consider the middle class family without insurance who does not already qualify for free SCHIP or medicaid or some other health services coverage. Chances are they can get cost reduced insurance through SCHIP or some state specific program. Not free, but significantly reduced from purchasing on the open market. The $5000 credit is very likely to pay for that low cost plan or at least make it $5000 more affordable per year. If we assume a worst case scenario, they make too much money to qualify for subsidized coverage of any kind and not enough to can't scrape together $10000/yr, then they still have a $5000 tax credit that will make that $10000/yr plan on the open market effectively a $5000/yr plan. Most all of this group of people will be able to come up with $5000/yr ($417/mo).

Will there be some relative few who still will not be covered? Yes. But the uninsured will be far fewer, those who are newly insured will have the dignity associated with paying for it, at least in part, themselves. By keeping the system largely privately funded, by breaking down some asinine rules that prevent competition among the insurance providers over state lines, and by making people directly aware of what the cost of their employer provided coverage is, a new degree of competition will be introduced into the system which will drive cost containment, high levels of service competition and health services availability, and ultimately lower premiums and overall health care costs compared to what will happen due to the significantly increased govermnent level participation in the system under the Obama plan.

That all said, I'm not a fan of either plan. Given only a choice between the two I'd choose McCain's, but (and not to get offtopic) I think they both fundamentally accept the notion that we are all entitled to far too many types and degrees of medical services. Emergency services for all, pre and post natal care, general health care for children until reaching the age of majority, these I can agree with. But free or heavily subsidized general health services for people 18 and older, I'm not down with that. We've strayed way too far from the notions of personal responsibility and the fact that the choices we make have consequences. What jobs I choose to do and which I choose not to do impact where I can live. Where I choose to live impacts my cost of living and what jobs I can find. What job I choose impacts what my income is, what my benefits are. The benefits I have impacts what I need to buy and how much I have for the rest. etc. It seems we are on a perpetual slide toward European style socialism where the government goes far too far in attempting to even out (to the point of negating) the impacts of these choices and and the natural results of our individuality, be they good or bad.
pvolcko
 

Re: McCain Admits He Will Raise YOUR Taxes

PostBy: LsFarm On: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:30 pm

Thank you Neal, very well said.

Greg L

.
LsFarm
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Re: McCain Admits He Will Raise YOUR Taxes

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:30 pm

pvolcko wrote:they are a pair and have a combined effect of either washing out or benefiting the middle class family at tax time and in general.


Two things:

1. Congressional bills & intentions often do not get passed as planned.
I foresee the "taxing employer contribution" part being passed without the $5,000.00 tax credit part. Why? More revenue for the cash starved government. (would a President McCain sign such a bill?........In a heartbeat!



2. I am not comfortable having a McCain Administration formulate the tax plans for this country as they would merely be a continuation of the Bush plans/policies. .......In most case written by the very same advisers & staff.
No thanks..........The American people want CHANGE...not 4 more years of Bush's failed policies & attack on the middle class!...CYA later Mr. Bush &........Please do let the door hit you on the ass on your way out!! :mad: :devil:
Last edited by Devil505 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: McCain Admits He Will Raise YOUR Taxes

PostBy: pvolcko On: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:47 pm

LsFarm wrote:Thank you Neal, very well said.


While I thank you, I should point out that I am Paul, not Neil. I say this not to claim the kudo, but to clear Neil's good name from association with my political drivel. :)
pvolcko
 

Re: McCain Admits He Will Raise YOUR Taxes

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:50 pm

pvolcko wrote:but to clear Neil's good name from association with my political drivel. :)



First thing we can agree on! :lol: :lol: :devil:

(sorry...but I am the :devil: after all!)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: McCain Admits He Will Raise YOUR Taxes

PostBy: spc On: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:10 pm

Devil505 wrote:as they would merely be a continuation of the Bush plans/policies
The funny thing is no matter who wins it will be a continuation President Bush's plan. :lol: toothy :rofl:
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: McCain Admits He Will Raise YOUR Taxes

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:14 pm

spc wrote:The funny thing is no matter who wins it will be a continuation President Bush's plan. :lol: toothy :rofl:



I disagree Stephen. Bush staff & advisers would only continue in a McCain Admin. Ron Paul or Obama would throw them out of the office! Why do you think that?
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: McCain Admits He Will Raise YOUR Taxes

PostBy: Adamiscold On: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:19 am

Personally I really don't see why McCain and the republicans would be against universal health care if they are just going to be paying for the bottom end plans for families anyways? A $5,000 credit is equal to paying $416 a month for a family plan in which there is a couple plans for people to choose from here in Massachusetts. Everyone knows that the more people you have in a plan the lower the cost's would be for them. So by having the universal health care for everyone the government should have a lower cost per family costing them under the $416 per month tax credit that McCain is offering now. If the government wants to they could also offer a higher up plan where people could pay the additional cost for it if they wanted too.
Adamiscold
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Chubby Sr. Old School