Well during spring clearing a few problems were found on the 1958 AA260m, one it had a lot of flyash built up in the swirl chamber and fan area also the fan hub was cracked and one bolt was holding the fan to the hub. The major problem which I can't seem find the picture of at the moment is the front lip erosion of the burn pot and two little cracks into the boiler jacket. I took the boiler to AA back in july and had the lip repaired and while it was there had the new style coil mount installed even though I didn't have problems I'm hoping for 50 more years out of it. I'll be adding picture to this as the I get things done and the boiler reinstalled in it's home.
This is the boiler before the spring tear down.
Here a groove that has worn into the fan area from flyash after 50 years of service.
Take note on this piece from the swirl chamber flyash was about 6-7" deep at the top.
The Fan with the cracked hub and missing bolts, this unit was replaced with a new one.
Here is some of the flyash build up also take note to the black film that was about 1/16th thick on the surface.
This was the fan area looks like after a sand blasting the junk off.
Here is the flyash buildup in the center tube.
Center tube after blasting
Flyash buildup on the swirl chamber walls
Swirl chamber cleaned up
New style IN162 coil
Outside before paint
New coil flange mount