Power Venter Motor Failure

Re: Power Venter Motor Failure

PostBy: Lee1 On: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Hello Matthaus, this is good stuff, I have a stainless steal SWG power venter, about a month old. Should I lube it monthly (couple of drops) and should it be pulled and cleaned at the end of the season or during burning season. I did notice a silicone (thermal) seal at motor to where it bolts up, does this come off easy and does this need to be applied when put back together. Also how do you get at the cooling fan to spray wd 40? And lastly would you pull motor in off season to preserve better.? Sorry for so many questions but Ive really been wanting to do the right thing with this as they are expensive.
Lee1
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing 3

Re: Power Venter Motor Failure

PostBy: Matthaus On: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:29 pm

Let me qualify the following by saying individual results may vary and be careful when servicing your PV, turn off power/unplug unit before removing cover! :shock:

Lee1 wrote: Should I lube it monthly (couple of drops) and should it be pulled and cleaned at the end of the season or during burning season.

Yes, one drop each time
Lee1 wrote: I did notice a silicone (thermal) seal at motor to where it bolts up, does this come off easy and does this need to be applied when put back together.

Yes, reseal if needed, use Pro-Seal black or Rutland orange high temp RTV
Lee1 wrote:Also how do you get at the cooling fan to spray wd 40?

Spray up into the fan while turning it by hand or give it a spritz while running after you clean it
Lee1 wrote:And lastly would you pull motor in off season to preserve better.?

Yes, I pulled mine off at the end of the season and put a plate over the hole

Best wishes for long PV life, after following the maint tips perscribed I have over three years on mine and no signs of slowing down.
Matthaus
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110 Dual Fuel
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Lil' Heater (rental house)
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Buckwheat Anthracite

Re: Power Venter Motor Failure

PostBy: Lee1 On: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:51 pm

Thanks Matthaus, I will follow your advice!
Lee1
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing 3

Visit Leisure Line Stove

Visit Leisure Line Stove