Election Predictions

Who will win the Presidential Election & by how mny % points?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:38 pm

Obama
23
48%
McCain
24
50%
Barr
0
No votes
Paul
1
2%
Nader
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 48

Re: Election Predictions

PostBy: spc On: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:12 am

Devil505 wrote:McCain asked Hagee to endorse him.

Not quite dick.

McCain Rejects Endorsements From Hagee, Parsley

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... dorsement/
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Election Predictions

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:17 am

spc wrote:Not quite dick.

McCain Rejects Endorsements From Hagee, Parsley


He was "for" Hagee's endorsement before he was against it. :lol:

(in any case, the point is that this controversy is why McCain declared Rev. Wright off limits.....not any sense of decency or honor)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Election Predictions

PostBy: coalmeister On: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:20 am

Devil505 wrote:
coalmeister wrote:Would you if Wright was your pastor? The guy isn't totally stupid


Another reason not to vote for the John McCain of 2008...........He IS totally stupid! :nana:


Big diff between between someone you "lived with" for 20 years,and a virtual stranger endorsement
coalmeister
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska 140 Furnace -sold
Stove/Furnace Model: Harmon VF3000 -sold


Re: Election Predictions

PostBy: spc On: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:21 am

Devil505 wrote:not any sense of decency or honor

A freaking mind reader too. WOW!!!
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Election Predictions

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:42 am

spc wrote:A freaking mind reader too. WOW!!!


If your six year old touches your coal stove & burns her fingers... twice, I'm guessing she won't do it a third time. If that is what you consider "mind reading" then you're right......I'm a mind reader! :)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Election Predictions

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:02 pm

Devil505 wrote:
coalmeister wrote:Need I go on to explain the difference?


No...I'll explain it:

Obama never sought Wright's backing

McCain asked Hagee to endorse him. (You know.....Hagee...the Adolf Hitler admirer. ;) )

Thanks for the opportunity to remind everyone of the kind of backing McCain desired & requested. This is exactly why McCain is keeping his mouth shut about Rev. Wright!


The only Adolf Hitler admirer in this election is Barack Obama, not including the other socialist candidates in the marginal parties.

Don't forget what NAZI stands for: In German, Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei and, in English: National Socialist German Workers Party.

In no way imaginable does any Republican fit the bill. Democrats are a lot cozier with Socialists and always will be. Their goal is socialism, make no mistake. These are "the end justifies the means" crowd. Beware. They have pulled out all the stops to trash the lives and reputations of Joe the plumber and Sarah Palin just to name two recently. They will stop at nothing until they have full control of all communication, all government, and all resources. Mark my words.
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Re: Election Predictions

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:07 pm

Devil505 wrote:
mikeandgerry wrote:Let me repeat again and again: THEY CLAIMED TO BE.


So...I guess we just gloss over the fact that you totally misrepresented my words & "keep on trucking", eh?

(When I am wrong, I'm adult enough to admit it.) ;)


I noticed you keep on trucking when it suits you, devil. You continue to gloss over the moral imperative of telling the whole truth versus cherrypicking it.

Try and stay with the core argument, ok? Hint: we aren't talking about free speech and commentaries. We are talking about responsible journalism.
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Re: Election Predictions

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:09 pm

mikeandgerry wrote:Democrats are a lot cozier with Socialists and always will be.



Same answer to you Mike
that a gave to Dan on another thread:

Don't you get it Dan?.....If it benefits their rich buddies it's a "Rescue"....If it benefits the middle class...It's"Socialism!"

(Try to keep that straight, will ya!) ;)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Election Predictions

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:11 pm

mikeandgerry wrote:Try and stay with the core argument, ok? Hint: we aren't talking about free speech and commentaries. We are talking about responsible journalism.



Responsible Journalism??...Who decides if it's responsible....YOU? :shock:
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Election Predictions

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:14 pm

mikeandgerry wrote:So, Devil, do you think Obama made it this far in the campaign (both primary and general) based on his command of the issues and his experience? Do you really, really really?

Do you think that maybe it took a teensy weensy bit of help from a third party, like the traditional press, to overcome the massive Clinton political machine? Don't you think that maybe the press was just a leeeeetle teeeeeeny weeeeeeny enthralled with Obama's race and just a bit giddy about having a once-in-a-career shot at covering such an historic and triumphant event as the election of America's first black president?

If not, then it sure was an impressive feat taking four years of senatorial experience and all that oh-so-relevant community organizing experience and upsetting a well-heeled, well-funded, well-entrenched, unquestionably experienced political machine that would have gladly re-elected Bill Clinton himself this year, if it were possible.

Golly, what was I saying earlier about brainwashing? Hmmmm.... Forty years worth. Wow.


How come you didn't bite on the above comment, devil? Damn the torpedos -- Full steam ahead, eh?
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Re: Election Predictions

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:19 pm

Devil505 wrote:
mikeandgerry wrote:Try and stay with the core argument, ok? Hint: we aren't talking about free speech and commentaries. We are talking about responsible journalism.



Responsible Journalism??...Who decides if it's responsible....YOU? :shock:


They call themselves professionals. Professionalism means adherence to standards that are unbiased, unfiltered, unflappable, completely honest and utterly thorough. No one questions those general standards for any other professionals. However, professionals such as statistical analysts and pollsters and other journalists question their professionality quite conclusively. Why don't you get it?
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Re: Election Predictions

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:22 pm

Devil505 wrote:
mikeandgerry wrote:Democrats are a lot cozier with Socialists and always will be.



Same answer to you Mike
that a gave to Dan on another thread:

Don't you get it Dan?.....If it benefits their rich buddies it's a "Rescue"....If it benefits the middle class...It's"Socialism!"

(Try to keep that straight, will ya!) ;)



Cute, but utterly wrong. A collapsed banking system doesn't benefit the middle class.

Why do you hate the "rich" so much? Didn't they always provide you with a job? Hating the rich kinda is like hating your momma.
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Re: Election Predictions

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:24 pm

I just got back from my daughters runaway TLC so I just had time to skim your post. Here you go:

mikeandgerry wrote:So, Devil, do you think Obama made it this far in the campaign (both primary and general) based on his command of the issues and his experience? Do you really, really really?


Yes I really do....Yes...Yes...Yes.


mikeandgerry wrote:Do you think that maybe it took a teensy weensy bit of help from a third party, like the traditional press, to overcome the massive Clinton political machine?


No

mikeandgerry wrote:Don't you think that maybe the press was just a leeeeetle teeeeeeny weeeeeeny enthralled with Obama's race and just a bit giddy about having a once-in-a-career shot at covering such an historic and triumphant event as the election of America's first black president?


No..I think the press was "a bit giddy" with the chance of getting rid of GW Bush's failed economics & failed foreign policies, just like most Americans are "giddy:" about.

mikeandgerry wrote:If not, then it sure was an impressive feat taking four years of senatorial experience and all that oh-so-relevant community organizing experience and upsetting a well-heeled, well-funded, well-entrenched, unquestionably experienced political machine that would have gladly re-elected Bill Clinton himself this year, if it were possible.


It was impressive but very understandable since we Americans realize that Hillary was wrong, GW Bush is the worst President in the history of this nation & John McCain would just be 4 more years of Bush!


Simple really. ;)
Attachments
buchmccain4e.jpg
(90.61 KiB) Viewed 1 time
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]7896[/nepathumb]
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Election Predictions

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:33 pm

mikeandgerry wrote:Why do you hate the "rich" so much? Didn't they always provide you with a job? Hating the rich kinda is like hating your momma.


I think it's time for you to make yourself a nice relaxing drink, kick you shoes off watch the "Blue Ladys" dance a bit & post again when you are a bit less.........enthusiastic. ;)

Here you go my friend :wine:
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Election Predictions

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:41 pm

It was impressive but very understandable since we Americans realize that Hillary was wrong, GW Bush is the worst President in the history of this nation & John McCain would just be 4 more years of Bush!



I still think if Clinton didn't destroy our military . And took some action getting rid of Obama I'm sorry I meant to say Osama and the people responsible for taking out the USS Cole ,G.W. might not look so bad . He was not left with much his first year as president.It would have been tough for anyone . I still cant see how Bush is 100% responsible for todays economy .I don't think he did a great job but still not full blame . I guess the people taking out loans at a variable rate mtg's with a balloon payments after3-5 yrs have no responsibility . I mean the prime interest rate a few yrs ago was under 2% like now .Did they think it was going to go lower ? Give me a break people were buying homes at almost twice their value because the interest payments were low . The banks ,investors and freakin day traders should hold the most responsibility . Dave
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer