Started this idea on another thread but I figured, being the holidays & all, now was a good time to exchange tips on how best to save money this heating season.First Tip:Don't set fire to your coal!
(just load your appliance up completely......& then walk away!)
Benefits are many:
1. Depending on your coal appliance's size, one bag of coal should last you the whole heating season!
2. No dust (after the initial loading)
3. Never having to save an almost dead fire!
(each time you check your stove..........It's fine!
4. No shaking down
5. Very little "wear & tare" on your coal appliance
6. Complete safety! (no CO or smoke detectors needed!)
7. End of the heating season.......You're ready for next winter with absolutely no work required!@!
Just consider this my Christmas present to you all!!
(I'm sure I'll think of more tips...& any tips are welcome!)