Damsel in Distress!

damsel in distress!

PostBy: julie2star On: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:23 pm

Hey guys!
I have a burnham boiler in a 1920's house. It has an iron fireman stoker. My problem... The center part in the furnace where the air and coal comes into the furnace is broken. As in it is in two pieces and detached from the firbrick. I worked hard to learn how to use this furnace last year. It did a great job until it broke. No one in town seems to be able to help. Should I get a new coal furnace? or do you know of a place where I can get a part like that? I would appreciate any help you can give. I can't afford to heat with gas and I'm not getting a lot of help from anywhere else.
girl who doesn't want to freeze this winter! :wink:

PostBy: Motor Stoker On: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:39 pm

What does the broken part do? What type of material is it made from? Post some pictures and I bet someone will be able to help.
Motor Stoker

PostBy: laynes69 On: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:08 pm

Possibly a Cast Iron Grate. Where the coal and air meet? Sounds like a grate to me, and if its had its life span, time to replace.