I recently installed a Keystoker coal stove...this is my second winter running it. We also just purchased the house, so I haven't built a permanent coal bin yet. I've been picking up my coal via pick-up at about 1/2 ton at a time. I load the coal into the basement in several garbage cans, which have small holes in the bottom to drain out the residual water on the coal, and also in an old corrugated metal storage bin with timber bottom. Last year I had absolutely no problems with the stove...this year has been a different story. Several weeks ago, while the stove was running, I noticed a strong sulfur smell in the house. The smell seemed to be the worst at the rear hopper for the stove. I also noticed some faint steam, presumably from the evaporation of the water off the coal in the hopper, coming from the hopper. Within the past week, my CO detectors began to go off. I had the coal spread out in the basement near the stove to dry it out as best as possible prior to filling into the hopper. I haved checked my draft and it is good...the stove vents to a chimney and is the only thing feeding into the chimney. Is it possible that the wet coal is the source of my troubles? Could the water vapor be the source of the CO? I have since turned my coal stoker off until the problem is fixed and my digital CO detectors are now all reading 0. Any help offered is greatly appreciated...tonight's temperature is supposed to be 5 to 10 below...single digits for highs the next couple of days.