After registering I would suggest first heading to your control panel, a link for this can also be found on the navigation bar on the top. The information provided during the registration process is minimal. The control panel has many options for adding information about yourself such as if you have a website, options for the forum like allowing other to see your email address and a panel for using the internal PM system which is similar to email.
That is just a few examples, extensive information for the control panel and other forum features can be found by clicking the ? found on the navigation tab.
- Frequently Asked Questions - Common questions about forum features and other issues.
- Control Panel Guide - Descriptions of the features and options found in the control panel.
- Icon egend - Descriptions of the forum icons.
- BBcode Guide - Directions for using BBcode which provides formatting for text.
Please fill out the following fields in your profile If you are here to get or even give information on coal
Click the control panel link, then click the profile link:
- Location - A general location will suffice and is what is suggested. You do not have to supply a specific one. Northeastern Pennsylvania for example would be fine if you lived there or the town you live in. Specific information and answers that can be provided here may be different depending on where you live.
- Stove Make and Model - If you have already purchased a stove or have on on the way fill these out so others can have reference to what type of stove and model you have. The Make should indicate the manufacturer (e.g Leisure Line), the model would be for example Hyfire 2.
If you currently do not own a coal fired unit and are looking for advice or suggestions on what to get provide the following information in your post:
- Square footage of your house.
- Current system that is installed and the BTU rating.
- Do you have an existing chimney?
- Rough estimate of your yearly fuel bill and type of fuel.
- Rough estimate of your budget for the coal stoker/stove.
As a general rule please do not PM people general questions as this benefits no one else. If you have any questions or comments about using the forum you can ask them in the Helpdesk forum. You will also find some expanded tutorials there on using some of the features avaiable here such as resizing and uploading images.
At the top is a table of contents for the most frequently asked questions.