We are interested in adding a second (hand fired) coal stove to our 200++ year old farmhouse. The stove will be vented in our fireplace during the cold winter months. Spring through fall the stove will be removed so we can enjoy burning wood in the fireplace. The Hitzer model 82 looks like a top choice for us.
Unfortunately the Hitzer stove dealer does not stock the model 82 and I have never seen one.
Questions... How high is the top of the flue outlet from the floor?
Are the legs through bolted or welded?
Do you like the ash pan size and ash removal with th 82? The Harman SF250s ash pan and ash door are narrower than the shaker grates.
Only 80% fo the ash lands in the pan. The other 20% has to be shoveled out each day. This set up makes ash removal very dusty and take much more time with the ash door open.
Any other good or bad points with the model 82?