Who Do You Trust?

Who do you feel has better ideas to get us out of the financial crisis this nation faces?

1. President Obama
16
31%
2. Congressional Republicans
36
69%
 
Total votes : 52

Re: Who Do You Trust?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:47 pm

Wow!!...I'm impressed......poll results are tightening up....Almost tied!!


Cap wrote:Dev, don't you know a good war helps the economy?


I guess...if you consider Iraq a GOOD war! :lol:

Cap wrote:That 12bil you keep speaking of paid salaries to many workers who are now loosing jobs cause the war is close to an end.


I'm afraid most of that money went to pay off corrupt politicians in Iraq, overpayments to Haliburton for shoddy workmanship that has killed some of our GI's & into the coffers of Exxon-Mobil & none of it made this country more secure, just less secure.

Cap wrote:And one more thing, why are there Iranians and Iraqis killing our boys?


Because we had no business invading their country in the first place. Wouldn't you fight for your country?


Cap wrote:If they wanted us to leave, wouldn't they let us be and we'd leave on our own?


No....They'd KILL us..... because we wouldn't leave! (*as long as there was oil under the sand there)

Cap wrote:There's more to Iraq occupation than meets the eye. Could it be ...oil.


Of course!!! That meets the eye of anyone with a brain. That is the whole reason why we are there.
Cap wrote:Either way we paid. At the pump and or for aircraft, bombs & humvees. Get over it.


Nah....I've never been any good at "Turning the other cheek."...........I want revenge, & I think we'll all get it with a new, HONEST Atty General in there. Just watch ;)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Who Do You Trust?

PostBy: Cap On: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:03 pm

Dev,
LAST WORD. :lol:
Cap
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator

Re: Who Do You Trust More?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:08 pm

I just added the word "More" to the title of this poll since many replies say they don't really TRUST either.

(sorry Cap....Last word! :P :lol: )



Oops....It only changed the title in this post.....Oh well.....Add the word MORE to the title when you vote
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000


Re: Who Do You Trust More?

PostBy: billw On: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:37 pm

Devil505 wrote:
Cap wrote:This stimulus package is nothing more than a huge spending package.


Isn't that exactly what we need right now? (spend that money right here instead of 12 billion in Iraq every month?)


We need spending that stimulates the economy, like infrastructure spending. The total for that is merely 45 billion out of that 819 billion. The big dig in Boston costs 22 billion so how many jobs are going to be created by this infrastructure investment? But there is 440 million in there for a global warming study, 50 million for a super computer for NOAH, money given to school districts to spend as they please instead of mandating that it goes to brick and mortar projects. This stimulus package has to many items in it that should be in the normal annual budget. Our governor is already counting on the estimated 900 million the state is going to receive to balance the state's budget. Where is the job growth coming from that? There is way to much spending on democratic supporters' pet projects and no where near enough to effectively stimulate job growth by creating demand for projects that provide new jobs. Isn't that the point to a stimulus package?

I am always leery of one political party holding all the power. I kept my fingers crossed hoping the dems weren't going to go down the same road that the reps did. Seems like the dems are hell bent on assing this up. Obama may have good intentions but he's got a democratic congress that is more interested in paying off their political supporters and maintaining their newly won majority than doing what's right for the country.

It's only taken three weeks for the dems to piss me off. It took Bush a year.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!
billw
 
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520
Stove/Furnace Model: GOODBYE OIL COMPANY

Re: Who Do You Trust More?

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:26 pm

billw wrote:
Devil505 wrote:
Cap wrote:This stimulus package is nothing more than a huge spending package.


Isn't that exactly what we need right now? (spend that money right here instead of 12 billion in Iraq every month?)


We need spending that stimulates the economy, like infrastructure spending. The total for that is merely 45 billion out of that 819 billion. The big dig in Boston costs 22 billion so how many jobs are going to be created by this infrastructure investment? But there is 440 million in there for a global warming study, 50 million for a super computer for NOAH, money given to school districts to spend as they please instead of mandating that it goes to brick and mortar projects. This stimulus package has to many items in it that should be in the normal annual budget. Our governor is already counting on the estimated 900 million the state is going to receive to balance the state's budget. Where is the job growth coming from that? There is way to much spending on democratic supporters' pet projects and no where near enough to effectively stimulate job growth by creating demand for projects that provide new jobs. Isn't that the point to a stimulus package?

I am always leery of one political party holding all the power. I kept my fingers crossed hoping the dems weren't going to go down the same road that the reps did. Seems like the dems are hell bent on assing this up. Obama may have good intentions but he's got a democratic congress that is more interested in paying off their political supporters and maintaining their newly won majority than doing what's right for the country.

It's only taken three weeks for the dems to *censored* me off. It took Bush a year.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!


I agree with you on many points. We need term limits. We need spending control by our congress. The people need to step in because the government is broken. More like a broken record. They keep saying and doing the same thing over and over again.

Wild spending will collapse our economy and put us at the mercy of our creditors. We cannot spend ourselves out of this mess. It is impossible. Let's stop the insanity. Vote out every incumbent and professionl politician in the next election. It's our only hope.
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Re: Who Do You Trust?

PostBy: tsb On: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:36 pm

I think I got lost somewhere or somebody changed their message.
I was about to give devil hell for something and it disappeared.
TSB
tsb
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II

Re: Who Do You Trust?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:47 pm

tsb wrote:I was about to give devil hell for something and it disappeared.
TSB



Me???....Hell!?!? :lol:

I haven't changed/deleted anything???
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Who Do You Trust?

PostBy: JohnMck On: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 am

Devil505 wrote:
Cap wrote:Gotta hand it to you Dev. Spoken like a true liberal Dem. Your & my great grandkids will help pay off the 347billion in interest between now and 2020. $347,000,000,000 interest alone.


OK...but first we'll have to pay off the billions that you conservative Republicans have weighted me & my grandkids down with to pay for the mistake you made in Iraq. (At least we will be paying off something that was actually beneficial to this entire country & not just great for Exxon-Mobil)



I seem to remember quite a few libs voting with george Bush on the Iraq war. And don't hand me the Bush lied garbage, they all had the same intelligence.
JohnMck
 

Re: Who Do You Trust?

PostBy: gaw On: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:34 pm

Devil505 wrote:
I have faith in President Obama's intelligence & his ability to inspire others, & he appears to be sincere, wants to hear opposing views & is trying to act in a bi-partisan fashion. I'm willing to give him a chance & hope he will succeed.......... for all our sake!

Faith? That’s an interesting choice of words, but then again Obama is the Messiah.

I heard a preacher explain faith like this. A tight rope walker demonstrated his abilities to someone by walking the tightrope while pushing a loaded wheelbarrow across and back. He then told the observer he could push the wheelbarrow across and back with a person loaded in it and asked what he thought. The observer agreed that, based on what he just witnessed, he could push a person in a wheelbarrow across the tightrope. The tightrope walker then asked this person if he had faith in his belief. The observer said “Yes! I have faith in you that you can push a person across this tightrope in a wheelbarrow”. The tightrope walker then said “Get in.”

Mr. Obama, I’ll take a pass.
gaw
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Re: Who Do You Trust?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:55 pm

gaw wrote:Faith? That’s an interesting choice of words, but then again Obama is the Messiah.


Your opinion & point are taken. I used the word "Faith" since no one has any " logical proof or material evidence" ( # 2 below) that President Obama will be able to fix our economy & so no one can state, as a fact that he can. Similarly, no one can state as a fact that he can't. Only time will tell. I base my faith on as much information as I have found about Obama the man & admittedly, a certain amount of "Gut" feeling.


Below is the American Heritage® Dictionary definition of Faith.

Definitions of 'faith'
(fāth)
Dictionary.com · The American Heritage® Dictionary - (6 definitions)

[Middle English, from Anglo-Norman fed, from Latin fidēs.]
(noun)

1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See synonyms at belief See synonyms at trust
3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
4. Christianity The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
5. The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.
6. A set of principles or beliefs.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Who Do You Trust?

PostBy: jpete On: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:17 pm

I'm stating, right here, right now, that Obama CAN'T fix the economy. No faith needed.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Who Do You Trust?

PostBy: Jim503RI On: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:27 pm

NOT Like This new package the Dems. just gave it away with no over site. Maybe Citibank will try to buy another $50,000,000 jet with the tax money. And all that PORK. The Republicans had a plan that cost half as much and would stimulate the economy twice as fast. That's why they didn't go along.
Iraq is going to have elections coming up were 25% of the candidates are woman. Don't close your eyes to any good that comes from all the blood that was lost. There are good things happening. Lets get our soldiers home to there family's Yes ,But finish the job, as hard as it was, so all that was lost would not be in vain. The soldiers would tell you them self. My opinion only and I will not judge anyone for there opinion. Lets just agree to disagree my friends.
Jim503RI
 
Coal Size/Type: Nut & pea
Other Heating: none
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 503

Re: Who Do You Trust?

PostBy: jpete On: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:31 pm

Jim503RI wrote:NOT Like This new package the Dems. just gave it away with no over site. Maybe Citibank will try to buy another $50,000,000 jet with the tax money. And all that PORK. The Republicans had a plan that cost half as much and would stimulate the economy twice as fast. That's why they didn't go along.
Iraq is going to have elections coming up were 25% of the candidates are woman. Don't close your eyes to any good that comes from all the blood that was lost. There are good things happening. Lets get our soldiers home to there family's Yes ,But finish the job, as hard as it was, so all that was lost would not be in vain. The soldiers would tell you them self. My opinion only and I will not judge anyone for there opinion. Lets just agree to disagree my friends.


Great, Iraq has 440 seats and 14,500 candidates. We have 535 and are lucky to get 1000. Do you think the Iraqi Army can come over here and show us how representative government is done?
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Who Do You Trust?

PostBy: billlindley On: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:31 am

I trust no one.
billlindley
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading
Stove/Furnace Model: Lehigh RS-96

Re: Who Do You Trust?

PostBy: Paulie On: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:22 pm

billlindley wrote:I trust no one.

:D
Paulie
 
Stove/Furnace Make: leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer