Yep, just replaced the pipe connecting the stove to the masonary chimney. It was the cheap "Home Depot" pipe. From the moisture in the basement, it rotted from the outside as well as inside. I was sanding the rust off to repaint when my hand went thru the pipe!!
Good thing I decided to piant it before use!
I just bought a replacement online (2 90* elbows & a 2' section) made of 304 stainless. It probably would have been cheaper to replace it every year (but not as expensive as 316 SS) but who the hell wants to do that?
The SS pipe was a pain in the ass.....it's supposed to fit the RIGHT way (seams facing up, although there won't be any creosote to leak out), but the only way it would fit was upside down. It's a Heatfab pipe, made right here in "lovely" MA. There are stickers on the new pipe with arrows indicating "UP" (which are all pointed to the floor). The crimped end that is supposed to fit nicely in the top of the pipe is too loose, as is the crimped end that's supposed to fit into the stove. Sooooooo....
Had to flip it around & force ends together, but it worked & looks decent. Started the first fire of the season last night to cure the firebrick mortar I used to fill the huge gaps where the pipe enters the chimney. Too warm during the day to keep burning, so I just let it go out today. The house was nice & warm this morning, & the cats were killing dozens of mice, moles & snakes!! (cellar door open)
Was going to post pics, but it's getting to be about time to hit the wrapper. 5 A.M. comes quick!