jpete wrote:stockingfull wrote:Look, let's not all get excited here. We have exactly two choices:
1. See the economy going in the tank and try to do something to stimulate it by borrowing.
2. See the economy going in the tank and allow the "free market" to take its course, i.e., do nothing.
The second is what Herbert Hoover and the boyz did from October 1929 to March 1933, resulting in the highest unemployment and deepest Depression in our country's history.
You're just flat wrong.
Hoover passed the Smoot Hawley Tarriff Act. Which made the depression "worse" then FDR came in with the "New Deal" and the problems REALLY started.
Take a look at the market crash on 1920-1921 and compare that to 1929. The first one, the government did virtually nothing and it lasted one year. The second took the second world war to pull us out.
You can't borrow your way out of debt. It doesn't work.
Let me ask you, are we in agreement that housing prices are over inflated RIGHT NOW?
jpete wrote:And if we can't agree that housing is over valued, then we are diametrically opposed and we'll never come to common ground.
We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Sorry went to bed before you. But to answer your question here's your 3 rants.
1. We're in office because your being punished for uncontrolled spending- What's your party doing now
2. It's all the republicans fault we're in debt- Show where no democrats voted on any bills that got us here.
3. It's all Bush's fault we're in this debt= Look outside BO's biased media and you'll all see we ain't the only ones.
I'm not going thru all the posts to find them but these are your rants when your ask a question you can't answer.
I've learned thru the years to get the facts before discussing a subject and be willing to take blame when you no your wrong which I have when presented with proof. No statement I've made up until now has been proven wrong.
BillMarti wrote:I don't know sounds like one of your prior posts??????????
Like I said you find the other 2 you wrote them me thinks your forgetful again!!!!
Tell me this is not your post:
If both parties put us here, why did the American electorate punish just the Republicans on 11/6/2008??..
BillMarti wrote:.1 day after the spending bill was signed into law...& implying that the Democrats are now engaged in "Wasteful Spending" a fair judgment?