Calling All Central/Western U.P. & Northern WI Coal Burners

Calling All Central/Western U.P. & Northern WI Coal Burners

PostBy: DennisH On: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:46 pm

I would like to try and get a feel for how many coal burners there are in the central and western U.P. of Michigan, as well as northern Wisconsin, in order to see what the demand for coal is in this area. The reason I'm asking is because I'm in discussion with THE major Blashak dealer in the lower peninsula to see if he would be willing to expand his market into the the U.P. and northern Wisconsin, using my property (near Escanaba) as his staging area. The dealer I originally bought my nut coal from in the U.P. last year (2010) was associated with Harrington Ridge in Houghton, MI, to the tune of $450 for a 2400# skid of Blashak nut coal. I'm thinking the dealer I buy from in the lower peninsula can do MUCH better than that, but for him to expand into the U.P. there has to be decent evidence of demand. My motivation here is to allow this dealer to use my property to stage and sell coal, so that all of us have access to a very reliable source. I wouldn't be making any $$$ in the process, just providing a staging area and acting as his intermediary to collect for sales of HIS coal.

If you're a coal burner (whether rice, nut, or stove coal) post a response here or send me a PM and let me know what your annual requirements are. If I can show the dealer "down below" there is sufficient demand, we may be able to work out an arrangement for all of us "Yooper (and Cheesehead)" coal burners that is less than the only other supplier I know of in the U.P.

You can also send me an email at dhopkins55@charter.net if you'd like.

Many thanks in advance!!
DennisH

Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon-Eagle Klondike IV
Other Heating: Propane