translations for Care First...

translations for Care First...

PostBy: titleist1 On: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:34 am

So I get an EOB from CareFirst (we call it Couldn't Care Less) BCBS and I was amused to see the translation services note...

Just in case you need it they can speak to you in Chinese, Tagalog, Spanish and Navajo!!

Spanish I understand - since we treat illegal immigrants as "in-state" residents when charging them for college tuition, why not provide this service too. More money spent on people that won't assimilate into the society they move into makes all the sense in the world, doesn't it?? :roll:

Navajo?? Are there really a lot of Native Americans in Maryland that can't speak english so they had to spend money providing a translation service for them? What about the Susquehannock Tribe, don't they deserve their own translator too?

Tagalog I had to look up, it is Phillipino. Based on my experience calling the Phillipines for Verizon DSL support and repeatedly getting tech's that can't speak english well enough for me to understand, I vote for terminating the funds spent on that translation. If they get 1/10 as frustrated as me then I'll be satisfied.

I think we ought to keep the Chinese translator since they'll own our country outright in a couple years and we don't want them to have any more reasons to hate us!
titleist1

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Mag Stoker (old style) one in basement, one in workshop
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III on standby for long power outages
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite; Nut/Anthracite