Coal delivery PA to CO

Forum rules
ATTN Coal Dealers: To advertise your company you're allowed to start one new topic in "Coal Prices, Coal Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries and Reviews". You may also respond to other topics started by others where your company has been mentioned and are encouraged to do so. Any other posts just for advertising here or anywhere else on nepacrossroads.com will be considered spam and removed. Repeated violations will result in a permanent ban.

Re: Coal delivery PA to CO

PostBy: bem2 On: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:37 pm

I'm having the coal shipped to our manufacturing business in CO. The guys there are loading and unloading trucks of all sizes and types all the time. We have a Toyota forklift rated at 4,500 pounds. We seem to get better service when using the business address and our shipping/receiving department is open from 6:00AM to midnight. Very friendly to truckers.

OK that no special packaging is needed. The seller said that the truck driver just needed to throw a strap over each pallet and he's good to go.

Again, great replies. Thanks.

Barbara
bem2

Stove/Furnace Make: Crawford
Stove/Furnace Model: Castle

PostBy: Poconoeagle On: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Thats a relief for ya Barbara. Dont know what the shipping ends up at but boy in a couple few years you could break even if you bought Scotscoaled rig he has for sale there. It sure looks fine and would give ya a chance to come this way.

I was in sadailia and castle rock this summer and it sure is nice. stay warm with your crawfords and enjoy the winter season 8-)
Poconoeagle

Stove/Furnace Make: Buckwalter & Co. , EFM520
Stove/Furnace Model: No. 28 Glenwood 1880, Alaska

PostBy: davidmcbeth3 On: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:34 am

bem2 wrote:. Does the coal have to be protected from the weather?

Barbara

Only act of nature that bothers coal is fire ... water, snow, etc not an issue. Its not wood. Burning perfectly dry coal is best but wet coal will burn just fine
davidmcbeth3

Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 503

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

PostBy: talleyman On: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:29 pm

I know this is an older thread, but I found a guy who has been making regular shipments of coal from Blaschak Coal Corp in PA to Silverton, Colorado via rail. He said he could add a pallet of nut anthracite for me (2400 lbs of bagged coal, 60 bags at 40 lbs per bag). He has not given me a final quote but said it would be $9 per bag at the highest. That works out to $450 per ton, delivered PA to CO. Does that sound reasonable?

I need to burn anthracite in my baseburner instead of the N. Utah "hard bitumous" I've been using so far - it is too sooty and smoky.
talleyman

Baseburners & Antiques: Royal Acorn 45 Baseburner
Coal Size/Type: Nut

PostBy: Fire375 On: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:00 pm

I could get you 3 skids of coal (7200lbs) from Indiana to Denver area for an estimated shipping cost of $1900
Fire375

Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer Stoker
Stove/Furnace Model: 710

PostBy: talleyman On: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Fire375 wrote:I could get you 3 skids of coal (7200lbs) from Indiana to Denver area for an estimated shipping cost of $1900

Thanks but I don't need that much. The guy just gave me a firm quote for $7.75 per 40lb bag which works out to $387.50 per ton, for the anthracite coal + "free" shipping from PA. I think that would be hard to beat
talleyman

Baseburners & Antiques: Royal Acorn 45 Baseburner
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Visit Lehigh Anthracite