hello im looking for a blower for my alaska

hello im looking for a blower for my alaska

PostBy: joeinpa1969 On: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:47 am

I need a Alaska blower fan.The one that blows air around the coal stove..My stove is a channing 2 stoker stove..Sounds like the bearings are going bad in it..Yes i did oil it up this fall and cleaned everything else up..any ideas will help or a cheaper place to buy one of these..thanks
joeinpa1969

Stove/Furnace Make: alaska channing 2 stoker
Stove/Furnace Model: model 1561---- Tested 04/1993

Re: hello im looking for a blower for my alaska

PostBy: stokerstove On: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:05 pm

Don't know where you are located but from your username, I assume somewhere in PA. All parts for the Alaska stoves can be purchased from the Alaska Co. itself in Bloomsburg, PA where they make the stoves. Any local Alaska dealer should have or be able to get them for you. There is someone on Ebay who sells many Alaska parts and is located in Jonestown, Pa. Alaska doesn't manufacture the blowers, motors for their stoves - they are outsourced. If you do some research you can purchase the same parts from Grainger or an elec. motor supply for less $$$. The problem I've found with Grainger is that you need a business acct. to buy there....at least the last time I tried.
stokerstove

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Kodiak Stokerstove 1

Re: hello im looking for a blower for my alaska

PostBy: WNY On: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:21 pm

if you an get the model number off it, its probably a DAYTON or FASCO, they make many of the blowers.

Some blowers you can take off the stove and there are 2 little oil holes to lube them up,
Blower fan?

or the Squirrel cage sometimes comes loose from the shaft, a little setscrew to hold it in place may be loose too.

You can search EBAY sometimes for these
or http://www.ElectricMotorWarehouse.com they sell many replacement blowers.
WNY

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, LL & CoalTrol
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Hyfire I, VF3000 Soon