Pretty good video

Re: Pretty good video

PostBy: Dann757 On: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:39 am

samhill wrote: Not to forget that DC will not & can not tell the truth on some matters no matter how much anybody thinks they should. It seems now they can't even trust insiders to keep information secret yet alone to put it out to the public, just the nature of the beast & always has been.

That is fair and you tempered it.

I'm not blind to injustice. We've all formed opinions based on our life experience. I have a rudimentary knowledge of US history. That extreme biased video completely discounts the overwhelming good this country has stood for and defended, funded, and supported. We are the ones that sacrificed so much to free the world from tyranny. If you want to sit warm under the blanket of freedom, woven by the sacrifices of those that protect it, and cry and moan about how evil the USA is, don't expect a lot of support from those of us that appreciate the USA.

I dug a little deeper into that video's origin; still maintain it's anti-American hostility. Look at the Utube comments below it. There are a lot of viscious America hating FOREIGN comments of unknown origin.
With the election so close, there's increasing propaganda everywhere. Journalism has taken a turn for the worse and is failing in any attempt at objectivity.

If you want to post sensationalistic videos you still can, just don't be so silly as to expect everybody to agree.
Dann757

PostBy: samhill On: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:20 am

Hey Dann, I take it that comment is directed at me but I don't know where you got that cry & moaning about the evil of the U.S. while basking in our freedoms. I said I would like to know where it's coming from & who's trying to gain from it. If it's the cockroach thing I stand by it (there are a few exceptions, at least I hope so) but most have sold their souls long ago & that's more than evident from the laws they pass, the incomes they amass & the fact that the people are only thought of around this time of the years. They no longer work for us & they exclude themselves from most laws that are made for us or to keep us in line, DC is corrupt.
samhill

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:46 am

Dann757 wrote:
If you want to post sensationalistic videos you still can, just don't be so silly as to expect everybody to agree.

What is incorrect or "sensationalistic" about the video?

Did Nixon, in fact, take us off the gold standard? Are the reasons presented in the video correct or not?

Are we on the petrodollar?

Did several middle eastern countries try to get away from the dollar? What happened when they did?

If China and Russia succeed in breaking the dollar as they are attempting now, what will happen?
jpete

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

PostBy: Dann757 On: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:19 pm

samhill wrote:Hey Dann, I take it that comment is directed at me but I don't know where you got that cry & moaning about the evil of the U.S. while basking in our freedoms.

Sam when I try to pay you a compliment or find some common ground you react defensively. Every response isn't about you. Sheesh. Here let me try again.

samhill wrote:They no longer work for us & they exclude themselves from most laws that are made for us or to keep us in line, DC is corrupt.

Most would agree.

samhill wrote:What is incorrect or "sensationalistic" about the video?

I stated that. Not gonna take your bait. You're entitled to see what you want to see, I saw a video detrimental to The American Spirit.
Dann757

PostBy: samhill On: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:27 pm

Dann, Samhill didn't write, What is incorrect or "sensationaljstic" about this vidio? Get your quotes right Prof. Dann. :roll:
samhill

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

PostBy: Dann757 On: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:16 pm

The quote is right above you, WTF are you talking about. Have a nice day.
Dann757

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:56 pm

Dann757 wrote:
samhill wrote:What is incorrect or "sensationalistic" about the video?

I stated that. Not gonna take your bait. You're entitled to see what you want to see, I saw a video detrimental to The American Spirit.

Sam didn't say that I did. But you are getting as good as he is at giving imaginary answers. :)

I'm not all that interested in the American zeitgeist. Is the information factual or isn't it?
jpete

PostBy: franco b On: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:10 am

jpete wrote:Is the information factual or isn't it?

You can draw different conclusions from the same facts.
franco b

Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

PostBy: jpete On: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:09 am

franco b wrote:
jpete wrote:Is the information factual or isn't it?

You can draw different conclusions from the same facts.

Well then that's on you. Facts are facts.

Just because I don't believe I'll get killed if I walk in front of a bus doesn't change the FACT that a mass of steel the size of a bus is going to crush me like a bug.

All the information is easily verified. No conclusions necessary. Just connect the dots.
jpete

PostBy: jpete On: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:50 pm

One of my indicators as to whether something is true or not is if I can find the same information from multiple unrelated sources.

jpete