A fix for NJ sufferers

Re: A fix for NJ sufferers

PostBy: freetown fred On: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:09 am

Damn Kevin, you described most of the govt work force--from DOT to the POTUS--friggin shame but true--sad part with this mentality is that more is never enough. :(
freetown fred

Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

PostBy: KLook On: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:18 am

Well, growing up near a small naval base and a small Air Force radar site and working for the DOT for awhile, I have plenty of insight about gov. workers and their pay/benefits/attitudes, and egos. Really small community around that area so many of them were/are relatives/friends.

Kevin
KLook

Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

PostBy: freetown fred On: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:37 am

How are you NJ & Conn. people holding up with this new SNOW situation????
freetown fred

PostBy: Coalfire On: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:49 am

freetown fred wrote:How are you NJ & Conn. people holding up with this new SNOW situation????

Saw on the news FEMA offices closed with a sign on the door "Closed due to weather"

Eric
Coalfire

Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 96K btu Circulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut

PostBy: freetown fred On: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:20 am

Emergency management head got 86'd here in NY. Felt getting crews to remove a tree in his driveway was more impt then getting out & dealing with REAL problems---good for Cuomo
freetown fred

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:10 am

freetown fred wrote:How are you NJ & Conn. people holding up with this new SNOW situation????

Got about 3" here, most of it was about melted before I left for work. Lost power again last night for about 10 minutes. Not sure what that was all about. The 13 year old couldn't wait to play his Xbox and was on it the moment he got home from school to the time the power went out. He started freaking out. He made the two year old upset. I swear, the kid doesn't have a brain cell in his head. His lack of self control got him grounded.
I'm On Fire

Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

PostBy: SteveZee On: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:28 am

Yeah I sometimes wonder about the effects those game consoles and some of the games they play. I'll admit that it is fun (I have MotoGP) bike racing :oops: but after a while it's a bit brain numbing and in particular some of the games on line. Second Life? WTF, I think I'll try to enjoy this one first.
SteveZee

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range

PostBy: Dann757 On: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:49 pm

hey Fred, i got the snow off the landlords driveway 6am yesterday, most melting now but i almost snapped when i tracked mud into my place. robo calls from pse&g are saying - well we might have your power back sunday but dont count on it or anything -
Dann757