Man at Kuzans Hardware looking for a chimney cap

Man at Kuzans Hardware looking for a chimney cap

PostBy: AA130FIREMAN On: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:31 pm

I spoke to you at kuzans hardware,sorry I didn't catch your name, you were looking for a chimney cap that didn't rust, here is what I was thinking, the one called a bird cage. http://www.sandkuhl.com/Chimney%20Pots.html
AA130FIREMAN

Stove/Furnace Make: axeman anderson
Stove/Furnace Model: 130 anthratube

Re: Man at Kuzans Hardware looking for a chimney cap

PostBy: mattcoalburner On: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:27 pm

Does Kuzans Hardware have Bagged coal?
mattcoalburner

Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading Juniata

PostBy: AA130FIREMAN On: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:34 pm

mattcoalburner wrote:Does Kuzans Hardware have Bagged coal?
I know they used to carry bagged, I don't buy bagged so can't say if they still do.
AA130FIREMAN

PostBy: cofecup On: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:00 pm

AA130FIREMAN wrote:I spoke to you at kuzans hardware,sorry I didn't catch your name, you were looking for a chimney cap that didn't rust, here is what I was thinking, the one called a bird cage. http://www.sandkuhl.com/Chimney%20Pots.html

Thank you very much for the information! I didn't get your name either sorry to say, but I was pleasantly surprised to read your heading and knew instantly that you were referring to me. After checking out the site you included, I think the birdcage may be exactly what I'm looking for! Our roof was just reshingled approximately 3 days before hurricane Sandy hit and she saved me the effort of removing the existing rusting chimney cap so it didn't start staining the new shingles. I found the cap around 200 feet from the house, twisted and nestled in some trees. I will be contacting sandkuhl within the next day or two to place my order after confirming the necessary measurements. Thank you again, and it was a pleasure speaking to a fellow "coal burner".
cofecup

Stove/Furnace Make: harman
Stove/Furnace Model: Mark III

PostBy: Townsend On: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:27 am

Nice post!
Townsend

Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Coal Size/Type: Pea / Buck

PostBy: AA130FIREMAN On: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:24 pm

cofecup wrote: Thank you again, and it was a pleasure speaking to a fellow "coal burner".

Likewise :D
AA130FIREMAN