intermatic c8835 timer issue

intermatic c8835 timer issue

PostBy: joelsef On: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Keystoker A150 with an Intermatic C8835 timer. When I lit the stove this year I thought all was well when I noticed the timer was not spinning, and the stove blower was still on even though the thermostat was at temp. I ordered a new motor for the intermatic and just installed it. Now the timer only spins when the burner plate blower is running (which only turns off when the fan limit shuts it off due to temp.) What would cause this to only spin when the blower is on? Do I need to switch the two white connections that come out of the intermatic timer motor? Why would my burner plate be running even if the thermostat isnt calling for it (my house is 85 degrees with the windows open).
joelsef

Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: A-150 and A-450

Re: intermatic c8835 timer issue

PostBy: KLook On: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:31 pm

It would seem that some wiring was messed with after shut down last year. Or are there some relays that might fail? I hooked a timer in to my Harman after the stoker control got wet and failed. But it is working as it should this year. What else has changed?

Kevin
KLook

Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

Re: intermatic c8835 timer issue

PostBy: Rigar On: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:37 am

hi... I'm new to the site.... and some what new to burning coal- although it is not completely foreign to me.... have you resolved this issue yet?
. I also have an A150 furnace... new this year.
I have a couple questions... when you refer to blower motor... are you referring to the air handler blower that put air into the house?
when you refer to burner plate blower... do you mean the blower that fires up when the stoker is pushing coal?
... my furnace has 3 blowers
1- small draft blower.... that supplies air to the burner plate 24/7
2-stoker motor which pushes coal... has a blower also to supply even more air during Stoker cycle
3 air handler blower... which supplies the house with heated air through the duct work.
.... is this your setup?
the convection.. or air handler blower.. is controlled solely by the fan limit switch in your plenum.
... it will/may blow warm air into your house REGARDLESS of wether the t-stat is satisfied or not.... especially after the house is been brought to temp via a demand burn from the t-stat... Keystoker 0 system works okay... but the Intermatic timer does not know if the house is up to temp or not... and also does not know if the furnace just came off a demand cycle.... so a timed cycle may follow a demand cycle causing a tempature overshoot in the house.
aight I'm
Rigar

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker A 150
Coal Size/Type: anthracite rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: A 150 warm air furnace

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

Visit Lehigh Anthracite