Help - Newbie Here

Help - Newbie Here

PostBy: JADFPE On: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:12 am

Just came across a Stratford SC100 Coal Stove with no manual. Any help would be appreciated. Does anyone have a manual tht I could get a copy of? What type and of coal is to be used? Any other suggestions?

I will be doing a lot of reading!

Thanks,
John
JADFPE

PostBy: LsFarm On: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:44 pm

Welcome to the forum!! Did you do a Google search for the stove make and maker?? Sometimes they have a manual online.

If you can post a photo of the stove, and firebox, I'm sure someone can help with any questions.

Greg L
LsFarm

Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

PostBy: JADFPE On: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:20 am

Yes I have searched all over. My guess is that this stove might have been imported. Does anyone have any leads?

Thanks,
John
JADFPE

PostBy: Gary in Pennsylvania On: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:30 am

Look Here!

One of our members, Kobra44, also own's your stove.

Lets put out an APB or PM him or something. Maybe HE has a copy and can help!
dirty glass
Gary in Pennsylvania

PostBy: Gary in Pennsylvania On: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:36 am

Woo Hoo!

I think this is it!

If that's not you....Your stove was definitely made by Aarrow
http://www.aradastoves.com/aarrow
But your model may be obsolete.
Last edited by Richard S. on Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: <removed dead link>
Gary in Pennsylvania

PostBy: davemich On: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:50 am

Now thats what I call service!!!! Sheesh!!!
davemich

PostBy: lockeal On: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:37 pm

I have the same stove. Mine is officially a SC1090 built in 1988 but only a few changes to the shaker and fuel bar were done to make it a SC100. Dussingers Stove Shop in Lancaster has parts and a lot of info.
They told the story of Aarrow Inc. importing a ship load of anthracite to England to design the stove. Dussingers claims it's one of the best coal stoves ever built.

I also don't have the manual and the new stratford stoves are a quite a bit different with air wash and a whole different grate system. I'm having problems getting mine to draft enough to keep the coal going but it has worked great as a wood stove!
lockeal

PostBy: JADFPE On: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:42 am

Gary in Pennsylvania wrote:Woo Hoo!

I think this is it!

http://www.aarrowfires.com/pdf/stratfordtf.pdf Careful...Its a 1.6mb .pdf file.

If that's not you....Your stove was definitely made by Aarrow
http://www.aarrowfires.com/which_stratfordSi.php
But your model may be obsolete.

Thanks! - I found the same. I even sent them an email. But no reply. That manual is not my stove.

John
JADFPE

PostBy: JADFPE On: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:43 am

lockeal wrote:I have the same stove. Mine is officially a SC1090 built in 1988 but only a few changes to the shaker and fuel bar were done to make it a SC100. Dussingers Stove Shop in Lancaster has parts and a lot of info.
They told the story of Aarrow Inc. importing a ship load of anthracite to England to design the stove. Dussingers claims it's one of the best coal stoves ever built.

I also don't have the manual and the new stratford stoves are a quite a bit different with air wash and a whole different grate system. I'm having problems getting mine to draft enough to keep the coal going but it has worked great as a wood stove!

Thanks for the lead.

John
JADFPE

PostBy: lockeal On: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:16 am

I was told to burn Chestnut sized coal in mine...
lockeal

PostBy: Richard S. On: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:57 pm

lockeal wrote:I was told to burn Chestnut sized coal in mine...

You can burn any size you want, most hand fired stoves will work with pea coal too which is alittle smaller than nut. I've even use buck in a Franco Belge but that has very small grates.
Richard S.

Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

PostBy: lockeal On: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:08 pm

Anything smaller than chestunut falls through the grates on our stratford stoves that JADFPE and I have....
lockeal

Re: Help - Newbie Here

PostBy: georgedj On: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:20 pm

JADFPE wrote:Just came across a Stratford SC100 Coal Stove with no manual. Any help would be appreciated. Does anyone have a manual tht I could get a copy of? What type and of coal is to be used? Any other suggestions?

I will be doing a lot of reading!

Thanks,
John

I know its a old post but did you every find a manual
georgedj

Stove/Furnace Make: Stratford
Stove/Furnace Model: SC100