Large ammo purchase by odd branches of government

Re: Large ammo purchase by odd branches of government

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:42 pm

rockwood wrote:
jpete wrote:It is?!

I thought it was elected by Super PAC's and lobbyists.

Right Jeff...it's all about playing to the majority(s) to maintain control.

The framers knew the dangers of majority (mob) rule and set up a limited govt so the minority doesn't easily get railroaded by an insane majority, but even then it can be hard to stop abuses of power by the corrupt elected who hold the ideals of special interest groups (TPTB) above anything else while simultaneously pretending to satisfy and serve the interests of a misguided majority.
This has happened for a long time now and last week proves that we're living this today.
jpete wrote:I cast my last vote a couple weeks ago.

I'm still gonna vote though ;)

Last weeks show is no worse than the show produced in the previous 3 election cycles! :roll: Its been since before I was born that we had a truly decent leader in this country! :(
Northern Maine

Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

PostBy: KLook On: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:43 pm

Cheney did some long lasting significant damage to the area I live in and we have never recovered.

Closing Loring????

Kevin
KLook

Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:47 pm

KLook wrote:
Cheney did some long lasting significant damage to the area I live in and we have never recovered.

Closing Loring????

Kevin

CORRECT...Cheney was the tie breaking vote on the base closure committee that ended LAFB! :mad: And one of his reasons he gave was that "The quality of life in Northern Maine was not suitable for the Worlds Greatest Air Force! :mad:
Northern Maine

PostBy: rockwood On: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:58 pm

rockwood wrote:This has happened for a long time now

You need to read my posts more carefully :P
rockwood

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Stokermatic coal furnace
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Rockwood Stoveworks Circulator
Baseburners & Antiques: Malleable/Monarch Range
Coal Size/Type: Soft coal: Lump and stoker (slack coal)

PostBy: freetown fred On: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:39 am

Damn, YOU beat me--this seems to happen a lot.
freetown fred

Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:05 am

Freetown Fred and Rockwood: I do! :oops:
Northern Maine

PostBy: KLook On: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:51 am

Yup, Maine has been hurt a bunch by base closings. This is off topic, but instead of reducing our standing military and giving billions to countries we can't control, we should have kept our bases open and allowed the money to trickle out into the economy of the respective communities they existed in. Technology no doubt played a part, as it has with every job, but money spent on standing military IN the US is money funneled right into the economy. Now I realize that the Navy and the Air Force were horribly inefficient, but how efficient is it to give Syria 200 million this year? Hillary just proudly announced we are upping our donation to Assad by 20 million. WTF are we doing? Another point for you nuts that hate the military industrial complex is that all foreign aid is put under the military budget. That skews where the money really goes somewhat. Just the opinion of someone that grew up with sailors and airmen associated with 3 small bases in Eastern Maine most of you never knew existed.

Kevin
KLook

Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:04 am

Amen Kevin! Maine has been stripped of it's military installations...for that matter the entire Northeast has! :(
Northern Maine

PostBy: Davian On: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:12 am

Northern Maine wrote:
KLook wrote:

Closing Loring????

Kevin

CORRECT...Cheney was the tie breaking vote on the base closure committee that ended LAFB! :mad: And one of his reasons he gave was that "The quality of life in Northern Maine was not suitable for the Worlds Greatest Air Force! :mad:

Its almost as if the major reason for its existence (and all the other SAC bases) went away.
Davian

Stove/Furnace Make: Morso
Stove/Furnace Model: 1410 Squirrel

PostBy: Davian On: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:15 am

wsherrick wrote:If all of this is simply routine, then why hasn't this been going on for years? Why is it suddenly a new policy?

Um, because's its NOT a new policy? You really think this is the first year EVER that the gov't has purchased ammunition for its gun carrying Agents? I mean, really?!?
Davian

Stove/Furnace Make: Morso
Stove/Furnace Model: 1410 Squirrel