New trend? U.S. flag flown upside down - nation in DISTRESS!

Re: New trend? U.S. flag flown upside down - nation in DISTRESS!

PostBy: freetown fred On: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:59 pm

What I said was tfor him to question the validity & my hopes would be he present it to the powers to be & have it re-visited--just because some prior A-hole did something as ridiculous as this--should it be ignored? Everyone knows that the system needs re-evaluating--starting somewhere is better then just ignoring stupidity--this Country is in a financial bind & somethings have to be looked at--BO is always talking about change--I'm waiting patiently.
freetown fred

Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:42 pm

I already fired off some E-Mails to mt Rep. & Congressman, ones a Dem. & the other is a Rep., it will be interesting to see if I get the same form mail back. No body knows everything & nobody can do everything, I knew nothing about this crap before I heard it here & I tried to find out about it as diplomatically as possible, I just don't believe in putting blame where it isn't due & every Pres. after Reagan could have had his shot at it. Bottom line is if the average voter doesn't bring things up & hopefully get more to help then nothing will ever change.
samhill

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

PostBy: freetown fred On: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:20 pm

Lets deal with the here & now, not 3 presidents ago, no wonder BO don't get real motivated--to many people pattin him on the ass, for what I'm a tad confused----personally I don't give a crap if someone is Dem or Rep. BO got elected & people gotta stop making the same old excuses for him-- His 2nd chance to get something done. You'll have to explain that last sentence to me????
freetown fred

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:58 pm

Just like in this subject Fred we tend to blame the guy in office now for something that was done 30 years ago & then say don't bring the past up. The past was brought up by whoever brought up the cell phone crap, put the blame where it belongs. The last thing is it's up to all the voters to keep on the politicians when we discover things we feel are wrong, probably won't mean anything but at least we have to try we should all realize by now that they don't work or represent us but by God they still get employed by us & we're the ones that have to remember back to what they did years back not what they said a couple months before an election. In the end the voter is the only one to blame & as long as we allow them to so easily divide us we're doomed.
samhill

PostBy: freetown fred On: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:15 pm

what you're saying is that if something from 30 yrs ago has gotten totally out of control, we/I shouldn't hope that the current leaders would do something to rectify it? That pre-election BS has been going on from the git go. You're talking blame, I'm looking for solutions. Just for the record, I think most voters are stupider then the politicians we have--at least the politicians are making out like bandits--pun intended :D
freetown fred

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:49 pm

No Fred what I am saying is the Pres. has a lot on his plate & as voters we can only keep after him thru those that are supposed to be representing us but if we don't keep on them they only think of themselves & personally I don't believe the average voter is all that stupid at all. I think a huge part of DC takes the voters for fools like the ones that get their moment on u-tube or facebook but the average voter is just waiting for the time to vote.
samhill

PostBy: baddawg On: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:49 am

So, the current puppet in the WH doesn't have time for welfare reform but has time to revisit our 2nd Amendment rights?
baddawg

Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer BV

PostBy: samhill On: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:23 am

Baddawg, he did give the states more power over the welfare to work thing & he hasn't done anything against the 2nd Amendment so far, as for the high volume clips & such I don't think the ban should have ever been taken off, don't hunt any longer but do kill a few varmints (more so lately) & I haven't needed more than one shot yet, if I don't have a kill shot I don't pull the trigger. I hear way too many rapid fire shots out there for my liking my theory has always been if you couldn't hit it the first time you have a better chance of hitting something or someone you don't intend to when you don't aim & look behind the target.
samhill

PostBy: baddawg On: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:34 am

Sam, Until I do something wrong, I don't think anybody needs to say how many rounds I should or should not have in my weapon(s).
Not talking hunting. I have seen the dummys also that want to throw 10 rounds at one deer so maybe they get lucky. But when we go target shooting, I like to shoot, not reload my clips.
baddawg

PostBy: SMITTY On: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:51 am

I hear that Baddawg.

Politicians seem to have a tough time understanding the phrase, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED". MA is one of the bigger offenders here, although CA & IL take the cake for the WORST offenders. CA actually has a law on the books that says you can't posses a gun with "evil features" - it actually says that! I didn't make that up!!

Got to hate a state that writes laws based 100% on emotion with ZERO basis in reality ... :roll:

How ironic is it that the states with the worst gun laws need the guns for self defense more than any other? :gee:
SMITTY

Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

PostBy: samhill On: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:12 pm

Guess it's OK until someone decides to go target shooting in a movie theater, as always it's the average person that ends up paying for the sins of a nut job. I guess maybe I've fired way too many rounds in my life without having to reload but whats it take 2 seconds or so to eject one mag & slap in another? I'm sure the FF had that in mind when they wrote the 2nd.
samhill

PostBy: baddawg On: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:15 pm

Sam, I in no way endorse nuts with guns. I feel that most of the people that do these kinds of things have put up more than one red flag before they do whatever they do. This is what needs to have attention. That and the many laws in place that are designed to keep these people off the streets. What about those of us that don't target shoot in a movie theater? Why do we have to pay the price?

Here in Ithaca, I just recently had a friend (LEO) get shot by a person he had tried to pull over for driving a stolen car. Long story short, this is the third time this person has been caught with a handgun with the SN's ground off. Last year our judge let him off on attempted murder charges because he said the DAs office didn't try hard enough to find him when he was on the run. We need to get these people off the streets before we worry about what color a evil looking gun is when its in the hands of a law abiding citizen. The biggest reason they don't want 30 round clips in AR's is because they look evil. It takes me 15 seconds longer to shoot 3 ten round clips, not enough time to make a difference if I wanted to shoot up something.

I'm sure the FF did not have the internet in mind either, but should we limit freedom of speech because we can all talk to each other with the push of the send key?

I think we got off the upside down flag thread. But this still has something to do with a nation in distress. It's a nice day and I think I'm gonna go shoot my evil gun and support the economy (will need more ammo). :rambo:
baddawg