What change will this looming reality bring to America?

Forum rules
As the title "Thoughtful and Intelligent Debates" implies we want quality discussion in this forum. If you're going to post a new topic or reply to one here please make sure it fits the following guidelines.

  • Clear and descriptive title for your topic.
  • You don't need to write a book but please have a reasonable amount of material to support or dispute what you are discussing.
  • Outside references to material to support or dispute your argument can be used but they should not wholly make up your argument. If for example you reference a news article please explain exactly what you are referencing and why.
  • Stay on topic, while topics will wander in the general forums we want to keep them strictly on topic in this forum. Flaming will not be tolerated at all.

Re: What change will this looming reality bring to America?

PostBy: freetown fred On: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:37 pm

Yes, that's the solution. Can't think of a more simplistic answer to a simply asked question.
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: What change will this looming reality bring to America?

PostBy: lsayre On: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:46 pm

I agree! What has to go, and who do we elect to do the job? Can a population that clearly desires ever expanding socialization ever elect the candidates required to accomplish the task? And can such candidates be found within the Democrat or Republican parties, or are they the parties most beholden to a population that is bent on ever getting more, more, more? Will we move more toward individual freedom and liberty as the cuts come, or will we move more to strict government control? Will the government move more toward the original intent or more toward totalitarianism as the cuts loom? Will the Dollar face hyperinflation? Will the military fire upon its own citizenry? Will guns be banned? Etc... I.E, what change will this looming reality bring to America?
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW)

Re: What change will this looming reality bring to America?

PostBy: bigstick6017555 On: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:14 pm

why try to see into the future? instead look at history past and i think you might get a better answer for these type of questions
bigstick6017555
 
Stove/Furnace Make: HARMAN
Stove/Furnace Model: MAGNUM


Re: What change will this looming reality bring to America?

PostBy: lsayre On: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:19 pm

bigstick6017555 wrote:why try to see into the future? instead look at history past and i think you might get a better answer for these type of questions


Because I don't believe the future will mirror the past. In the past there were plenty of tax paying hosts, and the burden placed upon them was bearable. In the future there will not be enough tax paying hosts, and (potentially) the burden placed upon them will be unbearable.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW)

Re: What change will this looming reality bring to America?

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:30 pm

lsayre wrote:
bigstick6017555 wrote:why try to see into the future? instead look at history past and i think you might get a better answer for these type of questions


Because I don't believe the future will mirror the past. In the past there were plenty of tax paying hosts, and the burden placed upon them was bearable. In the future there will not be enough tax paying hosts, and (potentially) the burden placed upon them will be unbearable.


Should we have longer winters ensuring population growth via conception between the sheets? :devil: toothy
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: What change will this looming reality bring to America?

PostBy: bigstick6017555 On: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Because I don't believe the future will mirror the past. In the past there were plenty of tax paying hosts, and the burden placed upon them was bearable. In the future there will not be enough tax paying hosts, and (potentially) the burden placed upon them will be unbearable.[/quote]

i agree the future will not mirror the past, because the players and scenarios will be different. but the cause and effects will be the same. civilizations have risen and fallen since the beginning of time for some of the same reasons we are experiencing in this day and age. to guess what it will be like, is nothing more than a wild guess, that is why you need history to even attempt to predict the future. i would suspect there will be a lot of what you see today as you watch the news from around the world
bigstick6017555
 
Stove/Furnace Make: HARMAN
Stove/Furnace Model: MAGNUM

Re: What change will this looming reality bring to America?

PostBy: jpete On: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:55 pm

lsayre wrote:
bigstick6017555 wrote:why try to see into the future? instead look at history past and i think you might get a better answer for these type of questions


Because I don't believe the future will mirror the past. In the past there were plenty of tax paying hosts, and the burden placed upon them was bearable. In the future there will not be enough tax paying hosts, and (potentially) the burden placed upon them will be unbearable.


History may not repeat itself, but it sure does rhyme! :D
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: What change will this looming reality bring to America?

PostBy: lsayre On: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:26 pm

jpete wrote:History may not repeat itself, but it sure does rhyme! :D


For it to rhyme this time around that would require a majority of people to go back to having families with say 5 or more children.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW)

Re: What change will this looming reality bring to America?

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:19 pm

lsayre wrote:
jpete wrote:History may not repeat itself, but it sure does rhyme! :D


For it to rhyme this time around that would require a majority of people to go back to having families with say 5 or more children.


Having a family of five or more is not affordable...just more people on welfare!
Northern Maine
 
Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

Re: What change will this looming reality bring to America?

PostBy: jpete On: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:30 pm

lsayre wrote:
jpete wrote:History may not repeat itself, but it sure does rhyme! :D


For it to rhyme this time around that would require a majority of people to go back to having families with say 5 or more children.


It's getting there. ;)
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice