AR-15

Re: AR-15

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:29 am

KLook wrote:Ah, the simple things Flyer. We had numerous firearms at camp and I got to see all kinds of things go wrong. Particularly with wooden stocks and rainy weather. Plus it is my passion to work on firearms so I read tons on it. Maybe someday I will get the education I have been wanting with metal working machines. ;)
Glad it was simple, I have 2 .270's and both will put them in 1 inch at 200 yds. if I do my part. It is an inherently accurate cartridge I think.

Kevin

Kevin...you and my uncle would get along VERY well...he has a dedicated reloading shop, etc.!
Northern Maine

Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

PostBy: KLook On: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:37 am

Yeah, there are a bunch of do it yourselfers in Maine, from all over the country. It is the way of life up there. I will have my "dedicated" space whenever I get better established here. I am already starting to meet like minded people and network a little. :)

Kevin
KLook

Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:02 pm

KLook wrote:Yeah, there are a bunch of do it yourselfers in Maine, from all over the country. It is the way of life up there. I will have my "dedicated" space whenever I get better established here. I am already starting to meet like minded people and network a little. :)

Kevin

Mainers are definately a bunch of do it yourselfers! Carry that tradition to the south my fellow Mainer...it is tried and true!
Northern Maine

Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

PostBy: xandrew245x On: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:35 pm

Thats a really nice ar-15, that is my favorite gun, here is a pic of mine. I put a rail system, grip that fold out into a bipod, and a nikon scope on mine, I love it. I also have a hi point 45 carbine, and my newest addition is a taurus 9mm, haven't gotten to fire it yet
Attachments
ar-15.JPG
(102.65 KiB) Viewed 33 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]38396[/nepathumb]
xandrew245x

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:01 pm

xandrew245x wrote:Thats a really nice ar-15, that is my favorite gun, here is a pic of mine. I put a rail system, grip that fold out into a bipod, and a nikon scope on mine, I love it. I also have a hi point 45 carbine, and my newest addition is a taurus 9mm, haven't gotten to fire it yet

Nice , I did the same with bi pod front grip. I just put a cheap scope on it for now but it shoots nice. I would like to build a .308 version next. I am also looking at the 80% AR lowers. I wish PA would would allow semi's for hunting. Great for coyotes.
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: xandrew245x On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:58 am

I have looked at the .308 semi auto that bushmaster sells, I probably would have bought it, but I read some reviews that I jams a lot, so I still have been looking around. Building a rifle is something I always wanted to do. Its lame you can't hunt with semi autos, my parents own a good bit of land, and there are plenty of groundhogs to take care of, thats primarily what I bought mine for, they never even have a chance.

I found that they sell a .50 cal upper that mounts right to a ar-15 platform, seems interesting.
xandrew245x

PostBy: echos67 On: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Is it too late to join this party ?

AR-15.jpg
(84.49 KiB) Viewed 37 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]38596[/nepathumb]
echos67

Stove/Furnace Make: Glenwood No. 6.

PostBy: KLook On: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:55 pm

Never to late, I will join it one day and give the mini-14 to the wife.

Kevin
KLook

Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:20 am

echos67 wrote:Is it too late to join this party ?

Nice!! I was going to order a 80% lower and try some machining soon but my horse needed the money. :x
Flyer5

PostBy: echos67 On: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:59 am

KLook wrote:Never to late, I will join it one day and give the mini-14 to the wife.

Kevin

That is my favorite play, give something to the wife so I can get something new and what I gave to the wife stays in the house :D

Thanks Flyer 5, going with .223 or .308 ?
echos67

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:36 am

echos67 wrote:
KLook wrote:Never to late, I will join it one day and give the mini-14 to the wife.

Kevin

That is my favorite play, give something to the wife so I can get something new and what I gave to the wife stays in the house :D

Thanks Flyer 5, going with .223 or .308 ?

Probably the 300 blackout. Same lower.
Flyer5

PostBy: SMITTY On: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:58 pm

That's a great round. Just ask Hickock. ;) :D This guy is the best on Youtube. Hands down.

SMITTY

Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

PostBy: echos67 On: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:30 pm

I haven't been keeping up on AR items lately but that Blackout round is very impressive, may have to check on one of those uppers myself if they are a mainstay item that will be around for a long time. Always wanted more punch then a 5.56 but also would like to have easy access to ammo. Thanks for posting that Smitty, (not that I need to revive another expensive hobby right now) :shock:
echos67

PostBy: k9 Bara On: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:10 pm

Well, with the future for gun owners looking weak I thought I would put together a couple before the ban makes it a PITA to obtain. I guess I was not alone. The 80% lowers seem to be out of stock at the places I frequent. Anyone know of any places with some in stock?

Thank you,
k9 Bara

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM
Coal Size/Type: Buck / Reading

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:25 pm

k9 Bara wrote:Well, with the future for gun owners looking weak I thought I would put together a couple before the ban makes it a PITA to obtain. I guess I was not alone. The 80% lowers seem to be out of stock at the places I frequent. Anyone know of any places with some in stock?

Thank you,

http://www.ar15jigs.com/index.html :cheers: Dont be shy about joining the NRA. They are fighting for us this time.
Flyer5