stove coal prices

Forum rules
ATTN Coal Dealers: To advertise your company you're allowed to start one new topic in "Coal Prices, Coal Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries and Reviews". You may also respond to other topics started by others where your company has been mentioned and are encouraged to do so. Any other posts just for advertising here or anywhere else on nepacrossroads.com will be considered spam and removed. Repeated violations will result in a permanent ban.

Re: stove coal prices

PostBy: SteveZee On: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:31 pm

yep no way to "Uncrush" it.
SteveZee

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range

PostBy: lzaharis On: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:18 pm

Hello and good evening fellow board members.

I bought a ton of stove coal yesterday for $265.00 picked up at my fuel dealer.

The bagged price for 100 pounds of stove coal is considerably higher.

I was going to by two tons but I did not have the side extensions on the trailer
and it would have overflowed otherwise so I will start filling the pails when it
gets a bit cooler.

I ended up with 2,160 pounds and I paid nineteen and change for the extra 160 pounds.

The good thing is it did not have a lot of water in it as the piles are uncovered.
lzaharis

Stove/Furnace Make: Switzer
Stove/Furnace Model: CWW100 100,000 btu

PostBy: mcrchap On: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:43 pm

If you can get coal from a breaker you are better off. I understand that coal in Mt. Carmel (Harmony Mine) is $170 per ton. At the price you were quoted they are more than doubling the retail breaker price....a lot for hauling and dumping it seems. Bag coal is convenient but expensive.
mcrchap

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker A 90
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: New Yorker Oil boiler
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: Econo

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

PostBy: Richard S. On: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:13 pm

mcrchap wrote:....a lot for hauling and dumping it seems.

If it's $170 at thr breaker they are probably paying in the $40 or $50/ton range to have it hauled that far. Then you have Ground space, loader, scale, tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars tied up in stock, breakage, time..... It's more than just having it hauled there and dumping it.
Richard S.

Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

PostBy: fifthg On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:31 am

Not everyone has stove coal or bigger because modern cleaning technology became using a cyclone instead of a drum to separate the coal from the rock,it might cost more because it is,as a result,lower in supply.Gale Mining Co. Has a drum and a cyclone and sells its stove coal for no extra cost,now $170 per ton. Excellent quality and they even make bigger coal than stove,which is egg coal, 3 1/4" x 2 7/16. 570 668 5410
fifthg

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Harman DVC 500
Baseburners & Antiques: Reading Foundry & Supply Co.
Coal Size/Type: rice,pea Gale Mining Co Anthracite

Visit Lehigh Anthracite