Walmart to leave its employees healthcare up to the ...

Re: Walmart to leave its employees healthcare up to the ...

PostBy: SMITTY On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:03 pm

Good job! :D

I'm at the point in my life now where I've given up giving a *censored* about how much I make, and what everyone else has that I don't. Played that game for faaaaaaaaar too long. I'm content to be my own boss, even if it means living in poverty. :)

Now if only every car was as reliable as our '86 Grand Marquis ....
SMITTY

Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:04 pm

coalnewbie wrote:
Not meant as anything but a question. Why does she stay?

That is the problem and give them more benefits and the cost of products to us goes up and there is no incentive to improve yourself. Walmarts/McDs/gas pumpers etc should be a stepping stone to night school and moving up the ladder. Everybody hates working retail as I remember, I certainly did. Stay too long and you are captured and that is not Wallys fault. When I retired I studied hard at being a nobody. I got my degree and now am top of my profession. That is supposed to be an inspirational note to you youngsters - how am I doing?

I say your doing a great job! Are you at the PHD level! :D
Northern Maine

Stove/Furnace Make: CENTRAL Boiler CL-5648
Stove/Furnace Model: CL-5648

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:07 pm

SMITTY wrote:Good job! :D

I'm at the point in my life now where I've given up giving a *censored* about how much I make, and what everyone else has that I don't. Played that game for faaaaaaaaar too long. I'm content to be my own boss, even if it means living in poverty. :)

Now if only every car was as reliable as our '86 Grand Marquis ....

There's still room in Northern Maine for you Smitty....the cost of living here is not real bad...but according to Dick Cheney the quality of life is below board!
Northern Maine

PostBy: SMITTY On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:07 pm

Too cold for my blood. ;)
SMITTY

PostBy: sterling40man On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:06 pm

SMITTY wrote:Too cold for my blood. ;)

WIMP!!!! :P :lol:
sterling40man

Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker K6
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KA-6

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:09 pm

sterling40man wrote:
SMITTY wrote:Too cold for my blood. ;)

WIMP!!!! :P :lol:

Agreed...so long as you have coal...the winters here would not be that bad! :P
Northern Maine

PostBy: KLook On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Step away from the keyboard Smitty! Don't let them fool you! It is the land of burning coal for 7 months for heat! You can't struggle by with an old plow truck because you use it daily! Then in the summer(all 7 days of it) you have to change your airfilter every week because of blackflies, mosquitoe's, no seeum's, and horseflies! They are like married guys to single guys, always trying to lure someone that has it made into their suffering! :shock:

Kevin
KLook

Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

PostBy: Northern Maine On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:41 pm

KLook wrote:Step away from the keyboard Smitty! Don't let them fool you! It is the land of burning coal for 7 months for heat! You can't struggle by with an old plow truck because you use it daily! Then in the summer(all 7 days of it) you have to change your airfilter every week because of blackflies, mosquitoe's, no seeum's, and horseflies! They are like married guys to single guys, always trying to lure someone that has it made into their suffering! :shock:

Kevin

LMAO...it's the way life should be Kevin!
Northern Maine

PostBy: sterling40man On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:17 pm

KLook wrote:Step away from the keyboard Smitty! Don't let them fool you! It is the land of burning coal for 7 months for heat! You can't struggle by with an old plow truck because you use it daily! Then in the summer(all 7 days of it) you have to change your airfilter every week because of blackflies, mosquitoe's, no seeum's, and horseflies! They are like married guys to single guys, always trying to lure someone that has it made into their suffering! :shock:

Kevin

:nono:.....not true....... :shifty:
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
Alright.......alright........I give up! :surrender: :lol:
sterling40man

Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker K6
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KA-6

PostBy: freetown fred On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:30 pm

Sure wasn't all that for the few yrs I lived in Mt Vernon, Maine--this area here isn't much different--keeps the city people out of my hair. :)
freetown fred

Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

PostBy: SMITTY On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Kevin

:lol: See I know that already ... that's why if I can ever GTFO of this bastion, I will be heading southbound. :)
SMITTY

PostBy: freetown fred On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:49 pm

I guess if you like more bugs year round & sweating your ass off for 7 mos. Oh wait--yep you can sure save some money keeping the house right--NOT--ya run AC's for most of those months--oh yeah, there's a money saver. That grass is hardly EVER greener over that perverbial fence. :eek2: toothy
freetown fred

Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

PostBy: KLook On: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:24 pm

I guess if you like more bugs year round

Everyone says the bugs are so bad! I have seen 3, yes that is a 3, mosquitoes in 3 months. If 3 mosquitoes showed up at a firepit party in Maine no one would know. Thats because they couldn't see them through the blackflies. I ran a mosquito magnet for 3 years and when we sat out people could not believe the lack of mosquitoes. There was an occasional hatch but they would all get sucked up overnight. I would have a yard full of them if I ever move back.

Kevin
KLook

Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000