is it running at its best (AA130)

is it running at its best (AA130)

PostBy: BigFoot On: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:42 am

How do you know when you have your stove (AA130) dieled in ,tempt at180/185 seams to be ashing ok not much coal in the ash
but i do have some big lumps of ash mixed with ash dust ,had to replace bearing on ashing arm looks like its working fine ,now getting about 1/3 bucket of ash a night ,house is warm ,just asking ? :)
BigFoot

Stove/Furnace Make: Axeman Anderson
Stove/Furnace Model: AA130

Re: is it running at its best (AA130)

PostBy: whistlenut On: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:50 am

Sounds fine...give it a week or two. DON'T play with it, AA's are a solitary type...look, don't touch!!! RECORD ANY ADJUSTMENTS..day, date, time...please. DO NOT let the GD friends and neighbors play with the settings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Read more on the forum about AA's. Call or email a fellow coal burner with questions! DO NOT START 25 posts a day in some twisted way of pissing off the Good Humor Man!!!!!! :) :roll: :idea: :shock: :!:
whistlenut

Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ&VanWert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks Boiler,Itasca415,NYer130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska-4,Keystoker-2,
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska,Gibraltor,Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Van Wert, NYer's, Ford,Jensen.
Coal Size/Type: Rice,Buck,Pea,Nut&Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

PostBy: titleist1 On: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:17 pm

Welcome to the forum!!

Read through some of the other AA posts to see about how much coal people are burning per day on different sqft houses. Each is of course different due to many variables, but it will at least get you an idea as to the ballpark you should be in. Track your amounts over a week or two and see how you compare. There is no rush to adjust these things. One change then let it settle for a few days to see the effect gets best results.

Don't worry about posting questions, I haven't seen anyone left hanging for a answer yet.
titleist1

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Mag Stoker (old style) one in basement, one in workshop
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III on standby for long power outages
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite; Nut/Anthracite

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

PostBy: BigFoot On: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:33 am

Thanks love this stove, my house has never been this warm ,love looking out the windiw at the snow knowing I have a Bin full of coal and wont need anything more till march or may let it snow :D this spring I'm going to add heat to my garage ,will heat two with one fire love it!!!
BigFoot

Stove/Furnace Make: Axeman Anderson
Stove/Furnace Model: AA130

PostBy: LsFarm On: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:14 pm

AA Boilers don't have much to adjust. Like Whistlenut said, don't mess with it!!
The big hunks of fused ash are pretty normal with AA boilers. They are called clinkers. My AA260 makes a phonebook sized clinker sometimes.
AA boilers like to work hard, so enjoy having a real workhorse making heat for you.

Greg L
LsFarm

Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Visit Lehigh Anthracite