intro

intro

PostBy: barbaragraver On: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:12 pm

Hi my name is Barbara and I'm new to the forum. I have made a few posts already but just noticed there was a PA section and wanted to introduce myself here. We are in Northeast PA (Pittston).

We are currently shopping for our first hand fired coal / wood stove and have been getting some wonderful advice here.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful New Year :)

Barbara
barbaragraver

Re: intro

PostBy: wilder11354 On: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:03 pm

Welcome aboard... information here is plentiful. Theres always variables that play into info. No 2 homes are the same, each user/operator of heat source have different lifestyles, etc, etc. Think carefully about what you can do now vs. what 5, 10 years from now will be for yourselfs. One thing for sure, you will learn to enjoy the lower cost(present days) of heating with coal. Other things to consider.. type of heat, radiant, hot air(ducted), water baseboard. there will be additional things to consider for each type. Such as backup power for running controls, etc.

Good luck shopping and enjoy the friendly folks here.
wilder11354

Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

PostBy: barbaragraver On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:00 am

Thank you for the nice welcome and info :)
barbaragraver

PostBy: chester On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:45 pm

welcome Barb, And good luck in your search :rambo2:
chester

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove
Stove/Furnace Make: hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 50-93

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:29 pm

Welcome Barb. Have a seat and dig in . Lots of info on here.
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: KLook On: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Welcome and be sure to check out the Leisure Line products sold by the poster above, Flyer5. The service alone is worth it to a novice and a fine product to boot. But by all means, talk to everyone in here, opinions are like, well, you know. There are a few of them in here as well! :D :oops:

Kevin
KLook

Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

PostBy: home harvest On: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi, I'm also new to the forum. I put my intro in the hand fired section because that's what I own. Like you I didn't see the PA link at first. Anyway, I'm down the road near Bloomsburg. I have a Harman Mark II hand fired stove, and I love it, but never owned any other brand so I can't make comparisons. I used to sell keystoker stoves, but that was 10 years ago. I'm afraid I can't be much more help in your search. Good Luck.
home harvest

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: Oil/Hot Water
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: Mark II