Harman Mark3

Harman Mark3

PostBy: bugize On: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Hey folks,been awhile...well,this spring I will be selling my mark3 coal stove, it has 4 winters use on it plus 2 part time...meaning,i only fired it up when it got really cold.
I had switched to pellets with a harman insert in 2010.
I was wondering...does anyone know what it's worth?
Is in good shape,could use a cleaning and alittle paint to look like new,i even have the stove paint,just replaced the door seal too!
Gonna be cold this week so i fired it up tonite...last i knew,the blower works ( i dont use it) but can check before a sale.
bugize

Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: Mark3

Re: Harman Mark3

PostBy: dcrane On: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:33 am

"i dont use the blower", your not only rare, your smart too ;) ... anyways, your Harmon is a very desirable and well known stove that should fetch around half the price it cost you new (lil' more or less based on condition and if you take the time/effort to refurbish it). Im amazed at times of how much some of the used Harmon's ive seen seemingly fetch :shock:
dcrane

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

PostBy: bugize On: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:11 pm

Hey thx,yes...i was thinking it could be worth 1000-1200.
The stove is in my basement,I found the blower didnt allow the heat to drift upstairs as well....when the blower is off...that thing just cranks the BTU'S
bugize

Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: Mark3

PostBy: dcrane On: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:27 pm

bugize wrote:Hey thx,yes...i was thinking it could be worth 1000-1200.
The stove is in my basement,I found the blower didnt allow the heat to drift upstairs as well....when the blower is off...that thing just cranks the BTU'S

Your right... this unit preforms better without using the blower (it cools the firebox so dramaticly that combustion is comprimised), better solutions are doorway fans or ceiling fans for sure! best of luck to you sir!
dcrane

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404