Watch Out,,,, E15 may be coming your way

Watch Out,,,, E15 may be coming your way

PostBy: theo On: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:06 pm

theo

Stove/Furnace Make: LL
Stove/Furnace Model: Hyfire 2

Re: Watch Out,,,, E15 may be coming your way

PostBy: lsayre On: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Soon it will likely be mandatory. I believe that to be the plan. Yet it voids the warranty of 10 major manufacturers vehicles.
lsayre

Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (if I ever get it fixed)

PostBy: Rob R. On: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:08 pm

Great...as if E10 wasn't bad enough. This fall I got to experience "phase separation" of about 30 gallons of gasoline, ethanol, and water...it was miserable to diagnose and dispose of once I figured out what had happened.
Rob R.

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Coal Size/Type: Rice/buck
Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy

PostBy: Dennis On: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:09 pm

lsayre wrote:Soon it will likely be mandatory. I believe that to be the plan. Yet it voids the warranty of 10 major manufacturers vehicles.

Just like the cash for clunker scam,they want a brand new car in each driveway
Dennis

Hand Fed Coal Boiler: AHS/WOC55-multi-fuel/wood,oil,coal
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/stove size

PostBy: Berlin On: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:09 pm

I need to upload some pics of my father's boat fuel tank fill line and the aluminum corrosion on his tank. Th fill hose was mush and this boat has gone through 3 carbs in two years because of e10, this boat is a 1983 and was used regularly w/ no problems untill four years ago. I've got pics, I'll put them on here later. I don't run gas with ethanol in ANYTHING now and neither do other members of my family. In NYS fastrac carries ethanol free in premium.
Berlin

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Will-Burt Combustioneer 77B
Coal Size/Type: Ohio BITUMINOUS pea stoker coal

PostBy: Dann757 On: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:20 am

Dennis wrote:Just like the cash for clunker scam,they want a brand new car in each driveway

Man you got that right. I'm wondering how I'll carry a 36' extension ladder on the little hybrid skateboard The King Of The Parasites will force me to buy. Maybe I can tow it behind on a EPA approved rickshaw.

The brilliant ethanol strategy is also driving up the price of anything related to corn all across the boards.

I just paid $5.99 for a freakin quart of oil at Pep Boys, I hope it's just that one local store that is gouging the price.

The UN can't overtake us by force so they're picking away at our standard of living every place they can, don't get me started....
Dann757

PostBy: lsayre On: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:46 pm

I just read where most cars made before 2008 will not last long on E15. Since most cars made only a few years ago will eventually self destruct on E15, could this be a conspiracy to force all of us to buy very late model vehicles in order to jump start the economy? There are many in high places who strongly insist that we must spend our way out of the current depressed economy and massive debt situation, whether we can afford to or not. Perhaps cash for E15 unsuitable clunkers is right around the corner?
lsayre

Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (if I ever get it fixed)

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:53 pm

They can plan anything they want. With the way they are tanking the dollar, who could afford to drop the kind of money they want for a new car?
jpete

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

PostBy: NoSmoke On: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:37 pm

Is it not bad enough that the #10 quadrupled the price of grain for dairy farmers, not to mention we are in the midst of the biggest drought in a long time with significant snowfall needed to even get the midwest back to normal? Or am I just silly to think that E15 is the answer since it takes 1.2 gallons of fuel to make 1 gallon of ethanol out of corn...the most likely source at this point?

Oh heck, lets just go to 100% ethanol fuel...I am sure we can still eat even though it would take 97% of the current land mass in this country used for farming to produce enough ethanol to do that.

I don't quote communists much, but even Fidel Castro said "American's are stupid to drive around on food that could be used to feed them." Unfortunately he is right.
NoSmoke

Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vogelzang Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler (Back-up)

PostBy: rubicondave33 On: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:59 pm

NoSmoke wrote:Is it not bad enough that the #10 quadrupled the price of grain for dairy farmers, not to mention we are in the midst of the biggest drought in a long time with significant snowfall needed to even get the midwest back to normal? Or am I just silly to think that E15 is the answer since it takes 1.2 gallons of fuel to make 1 gallon of ethanol out of corn...the most likely source at this point?

Oh heck, lets just go to 100% ethanol fuel...I am sure we can still eat even though it would take 97% of the current land mass in this country used for farming to produce enough ethanol to do that.

I don't quote communists much, but even Fidel Castro said "American's are stupid to drive around on food that could be used to feed them." Unfortunately he is right.

Ethanol doesn't even burn as efficiently as gasoline, performance and fuel economy are reduced, none of this makes any sense to me...
rubicondave33

Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Stove/Furnace Make: efm
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

PostBy: SMITTY On: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:11 pm

It's all by design. They want the non-mechanically inclined segment of the population (which these days is over 50%), and the people who have the ability but can't be bothered to repair their own equipment to toss it all in the trash and buy new 4-stroke weedwackers, new cars, and new boats, among other things.

This has been in the planning stages since Obama first took office. Nothing new to me. I've sent my fair share of email to elected officials telling them how moronic this idea is. As usual, it just falls on deaf ears.

In MA, ethanol is MANDATED by our communist regime masquerading as a "state government". We have ethanol in ALL gasoline, and no choice otherwise. Looks like I'll be busy this next year drilling jets out carefully trying to find the correct mixture for this *censored* fuel ... as if our gas didn't already suck .... :roll:

90% of the motorcycles on the road right now will melt at 15% ethanol levels. Even the fuel injected ones can't compensate for that much ethanol. The engine needs ALOT more fuel than normal, to keep heat and detonation at bay. Looks like I'll be in the carbs yet again on my newly restored RD350 2-stroke street bike. :mad:

2-strokes will be seizing left and right, and the engine will be blamed .....
SMITTY

Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

PostBy: Smokeyja On: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:30 pm

Damn it ! All I drive is old vehicles because new vehicles are *censored*!

I wonder if it would be beneficial to start a fuel co-op !

I need to convert my old tractors to kerosene and buy a crap load of it. Can you still get gasoline for off road use at all? I wonder how tractor engines are being built these days to compensate for the *censored* fuel.
Smokeyja

Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut

PostBy: SMITTY On: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:38 pm

If you can in MA I'm not aware of it. If it's possible, then you probably need to produce a business license, a receipt with an official company letterhead on it, and a tax return, all proving that your a "real" business. That's how it works for off road #2 in MA. It would be easier for me to buy an illegal gun. :lol: And that's no joke!

A co-op wouldn't be a bad idea though. But, finding someone willing to risk the fines and jail hauling the fuel around in "unapproved" containers to MA destinations would be tough ....
SMITTY

Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

PostBy: Rob R. On: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:59 am

Smokeyja wrote:Can you still get gasoline for off road use at all

Our local fuel company sells bulk 91 octane ethanol-free gasoline. They deliver to my dad's 500 gallon tank and he uses it for his boat, old vehicles, and small engines.
Rob R.

Coal Size/Type: Rice/buck
Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy

PostBy: Smokeyja On: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:07 am

Rob R. wrote:
Smokeyja wrote:Can you still get gasoline for off road use at all

Our local fuel company sells bulk 91 octane ethanol-free gasoline. They deliver to my dad's 500 gallon tank and he uses it for his boat, old vehicles, and small engines.

This is something I need to look into... I don't run a single combustion engine design to take any ethanol
Smokeyja

Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut