Woman Defends Home

Re: Woman Defends Home

PostBy: Smokeyja On: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:19 pm

To be honest I keep a 9mm by my bed not a shot gun. Although using alternate rounds eliminates scatter.

You don't even have to rack a round with a laser attached to it. Hear something , turn on the laser and go out on the second story deck and sweep the area . If there was people out usually they don't want I see a red dot on them.

But yes hollow points pack a big punch even in a .32
Gold dot is a very good brand for home protection rounds . Expensive but I think they have a garuantee to never fail and when it comes to what that lady went through, failure is not an option.

Grumpy you may find issues with alternative rounds in courts regarding home defence but at the same time what else can you consider hollow point rounds used for? They don't exactly minimalize the stopping force , they blow holes for an exit wound!

That's why I would argue if I were ever faced with that question about alternate rounds. Although I wouldn't use dragons breath in the house!
Last edited by Smokeyja on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smokeyja

Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:26 pm

lsayre wrote:What's the consensus on the capabilities of the 40 SW?

That is my choice. Much more stopping power than a 9 and lighter than a .45 when mag is full. Still I only usually have 10rds in the mag mine holds 15 and keep a full mag nearby. Its pretty good out to 25yrds which is more than needed.
Flyer5

Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:28 pm

This lady did a great job . But she was lucky it was a lone intruder.
Flyer5

PostBy: grumpy On: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:31 pm

Smokeyja wrote:To be honest I keep a 9mm by my bed not a shot gun. Although using alternate rounds eliminates scatter.

You don't even have to rack a round with a laser attached to it. Hear something , turn on the laser and go out on the second story deck and sweep the area . If there was people out usually they don't want I see a red dot on them.

But yes hollow points pack a bug punch even in a .32
Gold dot is a very good brand for home protection rounds . Expensive but I think they have a garuantee to never fail and when it comes to what that lady went through, failure is not an option.

Grumpy you may find issues with alternative rounds in courts regarding home defence but at the same time what else can you consider hollow point rounds used for? They don't exactly minimalize the stopping force , they blow holes for an exit wound!

That's why I would argue if I were ever faced with that question about alternate rounds. Although I wouldn't use dragons breath in the house!

No issues here, I agree with you, however the jury picked from a lot of sheep who may be persuaded by the prosecutor is another story.
grumpy

PostBy: Smokeyja On: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:38 pm

grumpy wrote:
Smokeyja wrote:To be honest I keep a 9mm by my bed not a shot gun. Although using alternate rounds eliminates scatter.

But yes hollow points pack a bug punch even in a .32

No issues here, I agree with you, however the jury picked from a lot of sheep who may be persuaded by the prosecutor is another story.

Isn't it sad we have to think about that?

2 years ago a mans ice cream shop was robbed at gun point . The owner shot the criminal as soon as he turned and I believe there was folks trying to try him for murder but no one wanted to prosecute that case! It's just crazy that there was people out there that wanted to charge the owner with murder! I'm sure if we dug deeper into this story that some wacko would want to charge this women as well!
Smokeyja

Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:46 pm

Some people in office are standing up in PA.
http://www.infowars.com/pennsylvania-po ... ordinance/
Flyer5

PostBy: Rigar On: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Sadly...if this scumbag survives....he'll probably end up sueing her/homeowners ins. etc!
...hollow points for sure!...they can reduce court costs.
...and the bottom line is ..he wouldnt have searched them out if he only planned on robbing the place...i think he had other intentions- and she did the right thing for sure.
Rigar

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker A 150
Coal Size/Type: anthracite rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: A 150 warm air furnace

PostBy: Rwalker On: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:26 pm

Here is the bottom line. If someone breaks into your home, you can shoot them. You will not be arrested, period. Since the castle doctorine has come into effect here in PA, I know of 2 cases. 1, a guy shot and killed a man on his porch with a bow and arrow after the man called him, threatened him, then showed up with a baseball bat to attack him. No charges filed. The second, a drunk idiot was banging on the windows and doors of an apartment, thinking it was his girlfriends. The person living there was afraid they were going to break in and shot and killed him through the window. No charges filed.

The key here is you dont shoot an intruder in the back. If you engage, the intruder knows you have a weapon, and makes the wise decision to beat feet, dont pull the trigger. He is leaving, let him leave. For gods sake, dont shoot him in the BACK! Nothing screams murder like shooting an intruder in the back as he is going out of your house. i would rather he see the gun and run then see the gun and keep coming. That is a giant mess to get off the carpet and walls. :shock:
Rwalker

Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 983

PostBy: theo On: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Very well said Rwalker
theo

Stove/Furnace Make: LL
Stove/Furnace Model: Hyfire 2

PostBy: baddawg On: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:55 am

Then in the same paper, this women, unarmed, was the one full of holes.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/po ... ary/nTmk3/

Maybe she took her gun to one of those state buy back things, the thugs didn't.
baddawg

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Pioneer

PostBy: Rwalker On: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:11 pm

Evil has no heart.

Think things are bad now? Watch it all unfold as the economy gets worse. Now in my small town we have had 2 bank hold ups and a Gold Store hold up in 2 weeks time.
Rwalker

Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 983