700 up and running

Re: 700 up and running

PostBy: Rob R. On: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:24 pm

Waldo, it is my understanding that the ZC terminal does what you describe. It has power when the temperature is above the low limit setting...if you pass that power to the ZR terminal, B1 will be energized (assuming the temperature is below the high limit).
Rob R.

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy

PostBy: waldo lemieux On: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Rob ,

You were right ,I just went out and checked and energizing zr turns on b1. I ran my timer on to zr and l1 has power for normal operation. I didnt use zc at all so I dont know what that does. :oops: Apologies Phil....

Best, Waldo
waldo lemieux

Stove/Furnace Make: efm
Stove/Furnace Model: s-20

PostBy: Berlin On: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:38 pm

I haven't seen any wil-bert timers where the timer motor wouldn't run; not saying it doesn't happen, but be sure to go through your wiring carefully because it's unusual in my opinion. Usually it's the relay or the switch (line voltage on some older models = tends to fail regularly, 24VAC on newer models - will last longer, but still a failure prone item). I keep a stack of these relays to replace the obsolete white rogers relays that came with the timers: http://www.newark.com/omron-industrial- ... tt=67K9364
Berlin

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Will-Burt Combustioneer 77B
Coal Size/Type: Ohio BITUMINOUS pea stoker coal

PostBy: Boots On: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:49 pm

Phil May wrote:What is calvin lenigs coal like. Can I get my ten wheeler loaded there. It is closest to a place I deliver corn.

Just to be sure we are talking about the same place, Calvin v lenigs is right outside of treverton on hwy 225. That is what i burn in my hand fired boiler. i burn nut and it seem like it seems like they break a bit on the large side. but the coal burns nice for me, the ash is a red/brown color and i would say ash is nit all that high, i have taken no formal measurments but i would say i have to burn about 4 five gallon buckets of coal to fill my 6 gallon ash bucket.
Boots

Stoker Coal Boiler: KA-6 In the basement........
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Burnham SFB 101

PostBy: Rob R. On: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:49 pm

Hey Phil, did that 700 catch its breath yet?
Rob R.

PostBy: Phil May On: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:18 pm

Not really. She has a huge hunger for coal 2400lbs in 11 days. I just got some buck for her to eat. I am a little concerned it makes a grinding noise like the auger is grinding it up in the tube. It is quite big but burns great. I finally got the new shop on line today. It is gonna take a few days to get all 42 yards of concrete warmed up. The water is going in the floor 105 and coming back 40.
Phil May

Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 700
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM
Stove/Furnace Model: 700

PostBy: Rob R. On: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:34 pm

Do you have a coupler on the bin auger? Make sure there are no gaps between the auger pipes, and that the pipe is fully seated in the transfer head.

How many flights of auger sticks past the pipe into the coal?
Rob R.

PostBy: Phil May On: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:03 pm

About 4 or 5" there is no couplings. It did not do it with rice. The buck seems kinda big. It burns great just a little anoying listening to it grind. The buck is about the size of a quarter about 5/16" thick.
Phil May

PostBy: Rob R. On: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Buck will make more noise than rice, especially if it as big as you described.
Attachments
Coal_Sizes.jpg
(126.66 KiB) Viewed 38 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]39497[/nepathumb]
Rob R.

PostBy: Phil May On: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:49 pm

The buck I got was more like the pea in the pick. I really like how the blashack rice burned it was too much pain and mess with the water deal. It left a rust colored puddle on the floor. The guy I got the buck from told me blashack allows 1500lb for water on a truck load.
Phil May

PostBy: Rob R. On: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:08 pm

Where did the buck come from?
Rob R.

PostBy: Phil May On: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:00 pm

I bought it at hersheys in Coudersport Pa. Not sure what mine it is from. What are your aquastat settings also what do you set the low temp cut off at. It seems to be a little challenge to change the feed settings on the 700 some times it takes 3 teeth and sometimes 4 teeth. A lot of trial and error you only have to move the arm a tiny bit.
Phil May

PostBy: Rob R. On: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:40 pm

I don't run the boilers less than 150 degrees under load. I would set the feed at 50% and see how it does.
Rob R.

PostBy: Phil May On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:18 am

With the weather we have been getting 7 to 8 teeth was not letting it run long enough. 3 to 4 was not enough it was running all the time. I am trying for 5 to 6 teeth. I was asking what you set high limit at and the out fire stat at. Yesterday I was trying to get the barrell empty and let it run out the water got to 140 but I must have the outfire stat to low as it did not shut down. I a least want the stoker to run for 5-6 min on a call for heat.
Phil May

PostBy: Rob R. On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:23 am

I run the 520s at 160/200 with a 10 degree differential on both ends. None of the units I've installed have outfire controls...and so far, no outfires.

It is trial and error on that adjustable crank. I'd rotate the input shaft by hand until the crank is horizontal, then loosen the bolt until it is barely snug and (gently) nudge the crank where you want it. Maybe mark the crank with a Sharpie if you know how many teeth a given position provides.
Rob R.