Back deck

Re: Back deck

PostBy: KLook On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:16 am

Here she is last spring/winter. No difference in Maine!
Attachments
223.jpg
(84.15 KiB) Viewed 21 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]39644[/nepathumb]
KLook

Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

PostBy: SteveZee On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:59 am

KLook wrote:Yes, the turkeys are doing well even with the poaching going on.
Over in our neighborhood we have had a white doe for years. I do not hunt on my homelot and do not allow anyone else to either. I set on one of the most used deer crossings in the region. Drives the natives nuts. But I am a native, and have purist ideas about what constitutes hunting. When you are not starving of course.
John lives up the sharp right back on Trafton's Hill, his brother in law is Scott Verburght. In fact, do you remember Fran Robinson? She was a great friend of mine. she had a trailer up in there also. Hang a right where Andy Beal lived. :)

Gosh I should know him since I know Scott and Andy too. Everywhere Andy moved, his inlaw's followed. :P Is he (John) down on the end of Old County Rd where it turns into someones drive? Sure I knew Fran Robinson! Big tall gal, was a Pro Volleyballer I think at one time? She and My Mum were good freinds too. Small world around here. :D She and Mom had a black bear encounter one time. Mom never forgets that and is always retelling it. Scarier each time. ;)

Don't blame you a bit. It's your land. I like having the doe around here too and grow extra in the garden for them. ;) I agree about the starving part too. I'd be the first, but that's probably the biggest why I switched to camera hunting is I didn't need it. I love it and take any I can get from hunter friends, but just a personal thing. I don't have any prob with anyone hunting, except poaching, that pisses me off. For me the best part was taking the time to get the shot. The stalking (read: waiting) and I still get that rush with a camera. There's plenty to take my spot around here. Joe the sausage guy makes some excellent sausages with some pork mixed in! Here's our local gal and her's in my back garden.
Attachments
deerie.jpg
(152.88 KiB) Viewed 6 times
[nepathumb]39645[/nepathumb]
deery.JPG
(61.19 KiB) Viewed 2 times
[nepathumb]39647[/nepathumb]
SteveZee

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range

PostBy: franco b On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:48 pm

Would never dream of hurting this guy.
Attachments
610 IMG_0932.jpg
(316.82 KiB) Viewed 12 times
[nepathumb]39665[/nepathumb]
franco b

Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

PostBy: freetown fred On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:56 pm

Nice velvet Richard. :)
freetown fred

Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

PostBy: dcrane On: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:01 pm

KLook wrote:You are correct in the expense. I was not aware of the American 4 square name. I struggled to explain why such a small house cost so much to build. Luckily, I did not do it under contract. The fact that it started 4 ft. out of the ground did not help as it it high.

Kevin

totally off topic now... rich gonna kill me but can anyone find a link to klooks facebook?

I hate that damb facebook crap :mad: i cant find you :( I do believe your home is an elaborate American 4 square. The original intent was for cost efficient living because of their squareness it was great for prefab, kit houses. The problem is to construct one of these lil' gems cost more now a days because of its height (they all have walk up 3rd levels), because of its hip roof design (hip roofs cost more to build), because of that signature wide porch, etc,etc,etc. The benefits are many.... you have large rooms, every inch of that house is useable which allows for easy access with furniture, wider hallways, etc. its design is a concept by a lil' man some of you may know as Frank Lloyd Freekin' Wright! :P Many people (me included) fall in love with these because of the "arts and crafts" features built into many of them and your being a "newer" constructed one is rare for sure... Id love to see details!!!
dcrane

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404