"King Coal"?

Re: "King Coal"?

PostBy: Yanche On: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:28 pm

coaledsweat wrote:I doubt very much that you will ever see tax credits for solid fuel appliances.
I agree and that's my point. Why not? Why aren't the PA politicians pushing for it. Why aren't the coal stove, boiler and furnace manufacturers pushing for it? Did anyone in NEPA ask the presidential candidates about it? Why not? Is the home town girl going to deliver to her supporters if she's the next President?
Yanche

Stoker Coal Boiler: Alternate Heating Systems S-130
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea

PostBy: Devil505 On: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:18 am

Yanche wrote:
coaledsweat wrote:I doubt very much that you will ever see tax credits for solid fuel appliances.
I agree and that's my point. Why not? Why aren't the PA politicians pushing for it. Why aren't the coal stove, boiler and furnace manufacturers pushing for it? Did anyone in NEPA ask the presidential candidates about it? Why not? Is the home town girl going to deliver to her supporters if she's the next President?

Good point......After all, didn't "the home town girl's" Grandfather show her how to shake down a hand fired & burn of the volatiles? :lol:
Devil505

Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

PostBy: LDPosse On: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:47 am

Yanche wrote:

The problem is, solid fuel appliances = FREEDOM in fuel choice and the ability to get the fuel yourself, not suckling from the gov't teet. :mad:
LDPosse

Stove/Furnace Make: DS Machine, Warm Morning
Stove/Furnace Model: DS1500, Heatrola

PostBy: wawrd1 On: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:22 am

Got $1500.00 tax credit for installing my OWB. Burn wood in the warmer months, a mix of coal and wood when it gets colder, straight coal in January and February. Buying Bit coal for $75 a ton 30 miles from the house.
wawrd1

Other Heating: Natures Comfort 325G Outdoor wood/coal boiler