Crane Stoker Stoves

Crane Stoker Stoves

PostBy: dcrane On: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:47 am

Since a current owner was kind enough to take some photo's of the Crane Stoker Stove for me (The latest design my father made 1986, and a unit for which my family has no photo's of), I wanted to make a thread with photo's as a library of it. If others have any Crane Stoker Stoves feel free to post your photo's here or ask your questions here regarding them. This unit still runs strong today (30 years later) and the owner of it has wall mounted the electronic controls (to better protect them). These were designed specifically to burn rice coal as pellets were really not widely known or used at the time. The grate was solid 3/8 inch stainless steel, also the built in shroud surrounded the combustion chamber completely. Its construction basically consisted of 3 layers (1 combustion chamber- 2 heat shroud- 3 decorative shroud) The outer layer would remain cool to the touch, if the combustion was producing more air/more heat it would also be producing more air flow through the heat shroud (thereby putting the heat into the room as opposed to the outer layer). I wish dad could see this beauty still running :( It is amazing to me this stove still works today after 30years with zero spare parts available that entire time :shock: someone give this man a trophy!

Crane Stoker 1986.jpg
Crane Stoker 1986.jpg (10 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
Select:BBcode:
[nepafile=39938]Crane Stoker 1986.jpg[/nepafile]

Crane Stoker still running today.jpg
Crane Stoker still running today.jpg (12.25 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
Select:BBcode:
[nepafile=39939]Crane Stoker still running today.jpg[/nepafile]

On another thread is a sample of the "beta test" Crane Stoker which we used for testing a trials that were distributed to several dealers free of charge for the purpose of a making the final design that you see pictured above
Crane 404 Stoker Stove
dcrane

Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404