SF Harmon wood/coal boiler

Re: SF Harmon wood/coal boiler

PostBy: wilder11354 On: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:03 am

clayhunter wrote:your boiler looks just like mine except When my father in law (before he his alzheimer's disease worsened) installed it, he decided for what ever reason to not install the Aquastat controls, or the barometric draft in the flue pipe, I did find some of the parts in a box, and plan on buying the barometric draft, like I said I knew it need something. By the way, I am a she not a he, lol, and with all the help that everyone is giving me I think I can get this done.

hopefully the box has the 3 JC relay/control boxes, aquastat well, aquastat bulb, mount rails for JC parts,draft control servo motor and mount bracket for it. you will need a 120V powe line to power up the controller setup. i have my power line with a switch in it, so it can be turned off during non heating season.
to be a bit more help full will need to know what controls water flow to zone(s) in house. zone valves? circultor pumps with back flow valves? etc. pictures of plumbing where of controls would help.theres DEFINITELY one item thats need to be wired in, A DUMP ZONE in case boiler ever over fires, gets excessively to hot. theres 2 ways to do it, either a 24v circuit using exsisting zonevalve, circulator relay, or 120V to a circullator thats dedicated to a radiant heat output thats not normally used. 24v is easiest to wire and setup, plus costs less.
wilder11354

Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

PostBy: clayhunter On: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:32 pm

these are the parts that I have found so far
Attachments
furnace1.JPG
(119.16 KiB) Viewed 20 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]39128[/nepathumb]
clayhunter

Stove/Furnace Model: SF260 Harman Boiler

PostBy: wilder11354 On: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:08 pm

looks like your missing the A350 contoller box. It will have a little knob on top half of front face with temp range markings(90*>250*) around it. And i don't see aquastat bulb for the brass well that you have. Stainless steel Bulb will have a gray covering with 2 white wires within it, coming out of one end the bulb . Gray lead wire will be about 10" long.

Do you have or have you downloaded the intallation/owners manual from Harmans website yet? This will help you a whole lot to install these parts.

If you need to you can email me at wilder11354@hotmail.com, send phone# and i can call and explain some what you need to do and a few things that you need to note, before you start drilling holles in side cover to mount controller mount rail.

ok?
Last edited by wilder11354 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wilder11354

PostBy: Dennis On: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:01 pm

wilder11354 wrote:Do you have or have you downloaded the intallation/owners manual from Harmans website yet? This will help you a whole lot to install these parts.

I posted it earlier,but here it is again http://hearthnhome.com/downloads/instal ... _SF360.pdf
Dennis

Hand Fed Coal Boiler: AHS/WOC55-multi-fuel/wood,oil,coal
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/stove size

PostBy: KLook On: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:25 pm

Strange, why would it be missing the temp control? They look like new.

Kevin
KLook

Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

PostBy: wilder11354 On: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:49 pm

KLook wrote:Strange, why would it be missing the temp control? They look like new.

Kevin

good question... hopefully its just misplaced. If not there available for around $100 new, give or take a few.
wilder11354

PostBy: clayhunter On: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:22 pm

this is what was in the box of things I found in the basement I will keep looking and see if I can find more yes I did download the manual and thank you
clayhunter

Stove/Furnace Model: SF260 Harman Boiler

PostBy: wilder11354 On: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:16 pm

Really curious how your doing with the boiler? anything at all being done?
wilder11354

PostBy: Jaeger On: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Great advice from all on here. I really thank my lucky stars you can turn to guys to help figure the coal "learning curve" out.

Once you get the auto draft and baro damper in you should be good to go.

Keep us updated.

Jaeger
Jaeger

Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: Trident Boiler model SF360