Been a fun few days. Hurricane Sandy certainly made a mess in my parts. Trees down everywhere, power lines are a mess. So no power, no internet. Heck, even the local cell tower went down, so no communications at all. Not a bad thing, really
Anyway, I went down to the basement Mon afternoon to discover that the bin had sprung a leak in the sloped corner, which in turn filled the sump for the sump pump with coal
So for the next hour I dug the coal out and got the sump fixed up. Then came to discover than some time over the summer the pipe to the street collapsed. All the water the pump was pumping was coming back into the sump
Fortunately I have a long flex hose which I ran out the basement window.
We lost power around 6pm on Monday, so I have been running the EFM by generator. Last night I hooked it up to run for a couple hours before bed. The boiler kicked on and heated up, but 20 minutes later the baseboards were stone cold. A trip to the basement showed the boiler sitting on the hi limit, but the circulator was not running. 0v at the terminals on the aquastat. So this morning I wired the circulator directly to the generator. Got a new aquastat ordered.
I will be happy when this isn't an adventure anymore