Direnzo Coal in Pottsville,PA

Forum rules
ATTN Coal Dealers: To advertise your company you're allowed to start one new topic in "Coal Prices, Coal Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries and Reviews". You may also respond to other topics started by others where your company has been mentioned and are encouraged to do so. Any other posts just for advertising here or anywhere else on nepacrossroads.com will be considered spam and removed. Repeated violations will result in a permanent ban.

Direnzo Coal in Pottsville,PA

PostBy: Darren L On: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:08 pm

has anybody had any luck with this company getting my stoker on Saturday and trying to find a supplier.
Darren L
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer LE Back Vent

Re: Direnzo Coal in Pottsville,PA

PostBy: tsb On: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:07 pm

They gave a tour for forum members and they have a first class
processing plant. I have not tried their coal, but I would assume
it would be sized properly and clean. If your picking up yourself,
they are probably the closest to you.
tsb
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II

Re: Direnzo Coal in Pottsville,PA

PostBy: Darren L On: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:38 am

thanks just got few bags from Pottstown Roller Mills can't wait to fire my new stoker up.
Darren L
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer LE Back Vent

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

Re: Direnzo Coal in Pottsville,PA

PostBy: tsb On: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:22 pm

I got 6.25 tons of Direnzo rice coal delivered by Mud's of Port Clinton.
It is really nice coal. The ash is clean and crunchy with almost no
unburned coal. The flame is a very hot and yellow with no fines
blowing out all the time. The price was a little higher than last year,
but worth it. I believe they have plenty of stock.

My load from Blaschak last year was awful. I though my stoker was
being pissy all year, but it turned out to be the crappy coal. There
were times that I ran the ash through twice to see if I could use the
unburned coal. I won't get it again.
tsb
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II

Re: Direnzo Coal in Pottsville,PA

PostBy: Joeski On: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:11 am

tsb wrote:I got 6.25 tons of Direnzo rice coal delivered by Mud's of Port Clinton.
It is really nice coal. The ash is clean and crunchy with almost no
unburned coal. The flame is a very hot and yellow with no fines
blowing out all the time. The price was a little higher than last year,
but worth it. I believe they have plenty of stock.

My load from Blaschak last year was awful. I though my stoker was
being pissy all year, but it turned out to be the crappy coal. There
were times that I ran the ash through twice to see if I could use the
unburned coal.How do you go about doing that because since I'm a newbie I'd like to try that but only in the spring when I'm not dealing with single digits. I won't get it again.
Joeski
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading
Stove/Furnace Model: Susquehanna

Re: Direnzo Coal in Pottsville,PA

PostBy: Dennis On: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:25 am

I'm just 10 miles south/east of you,I'm looking for a new supplier and picked up 600 lbs-50%/50% nut and stove of Blaschak seems and seems ok,much easier than shaking UAE.How much was the coal you got
Dennis
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: AHS/WOC55-multi-fuel/wood,oil,coal
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/stove size

Re: Direnzo Coal in Pottsville,PA

PostBy: Wiz On: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:17 pm

Joeski wrote:
tsb wrote:I got 6.25 tons of Direnzo rice coal delivered by Mud's of Port Clinton.
It is really nice coal. The ash is clean and crunchy with almost no
unburned coal. The flame is a very hot and yellow with no fines
blowing out all the time. The price was a little higher than last year,
but worth it. I believe they have plenty of stock.

My load from Blaschak last year was awful. I though my stoker was
being pissy all year, but it turned out to be the crappy coal. There
were times that I ran the ash through twice to see if I could use the
unburned coal.How do you go about doing that because since I'm a newbie I'd like to try that but only in the spring when I'm not dealing with single digits. I won't get it again.


Joe...it's more of a pain in the butt then its worth. Make yourself a wire screen box, screen to be sized little smaller then your coal. Dump ash on screen and start panning for unburnt black diamonds.
Wiz
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker Ka 6
Coal Size/Type: Casey Junk Coal :(

Re: Direnzo Coal in Pottsville,PA

PostBy: Joeski On: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:45 am

Wiz wrote:
Joeski wrote:
tsb wrote:I got 6.25 tons of Direnzo rice coal delivered by Mud's of Port Clinton.
It is really nice coal. The ash is clean and crunchy with almost no
unburned coal. The flame is a very hot and yellow with no fines
blowing out all the time. The price was a little higher than last year,
but worth it. I believe they have plenty of stock.

My load from Blaschak last year was awful. I though my stoker was
being pissy all year, but it turned out to be the crappy coal. There
were times that I ran the ash through twice to see if I could use the
unburned coal.How do you go about doing that because since I'm a newbie I'd like to try that but only in the spring when I'm not dealing with single digits. I won't get it again.


Joe...it's more of a pain in the butt then its worth. Make yourself a wire screen box, screen to be sized little smaller then your coal. Dump ash on screen and start panning for unburnt black diamonds.


Thanks Wiz. I don't know if I could do this all the time but it is worth trying once to see how much I might get and how ( never mind I just got an idea>>> I'll make the boy do it to see if I can get some labor out of him.) Next time I see him playing a video game I'll have him play black diamond panning. :)
Joeski
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading
Stove/Furnace Model: Susquehanna

Re: Direnzo Coal in Pottsville,PA

PostBy: fifthg On: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:51 am

dry screening like that,he ought to wear a dust mask
fifthg
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Harman DVC 500
Hand Fed Coal Stove: warm morning
Baseburners & Antiques: Reading Foundry & Supply Co.
Coal Size/Type: rice,pea ,nut,stove Gale Mining Co Anthracite

Re: Direnzo Coal in Pottsville,PA

PostBy: coalkirk On: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:43 am

Does Direnzo have a mine or are they processing others coal?
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: Direnzo Coal in Pottsville,PA

PostBy: Rob R. On: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:58 am

I believe they buy from various stripping contractors in their area. If you are considering buying some, I'm sure they would be happy to answer your questions.
Rob R.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Rice
Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy

Re: Direnzo Coal in Pottsville,PA

PostBy: Wanna Bee On: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:26 am

Rob R. wrote:I believe they buy from various stripping contractors in their area.


This is the answer that I got from them last time I asked.
I'm currently burning DeRenzo nut and was burning their stove size. Nothing but good things to say about this years supply. Burns strong ,clean, low ash and i have had no problems keeping the house comfy.
Wanna Bee
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Grander Stove Co.
Stove/Furnace Model: Royal Bride

Re: Direnzo Coal in Pottsville,PA

PostBy: wcb332 On: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:12 pm

I have a Keystoker model 250 warm air furnace and will only burn rice coal from Direnzo Coal Company. Last year the cost was $200 a ton plus a delivery charge if you didn't pick it up yourself ("the price is the same now"' I called today. Before I started using Direnzo I tried 3 different suppliers that I will not use again due to real bad dust issues from one Company and vary poor burn issues ( Both from rice coal that produced RED ASH, causing my furnace to go out a lot. Sure the other 3 Coal Companies I used were20 to 25% cheaper but caused dust issues, problems keeping my furnace operating efficiently and when I switched to Direnzo Coal with my thermostat set at 68 degrees I used much less coal. Sure one might say its more money but then again I've heard of higher prices today. MY OPPINION- The best rice coal in the area regarding every issue I can think of. Most of all it burns cleaner than any other coal I have burned which keeps my furnace problem free. I have my furnace cleaned by a professorial once a year and he even said there was a difference after I switched and asked me where I bought the last coal from.

Best Regards,
wcb332
wcb332
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: A250

Re: Direnzo Coal in Pottsville,PA

PostBy: MATTHEW D. On: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:18 am

wcb332 wrote:I have a Keystoker model 250 warm air furnace and will only burn rice coal from Direnzo Coal Company. Last year the cost was $200 a ton plus a delivery charge if you didn't pick it up yourself ("the price is the same now"' I called today. Before I started using Direnzo I tried 3 different suppliers that I will not use again due to real bad dust issues from one Company and vary poor burn issues ( Both from rice coal that produced RED ASH, causing my furnace to go out a lot. Sure the other 3 Coal Companies I used were20 to 25% cheaper but caused dust issues, problems keeping my furnace operating efficiently and when I switched to Direnzo Coal with my thermostat set at 68 degrees I used much less coal. Sure one might say its more money but then again I've heard of higher prices today. MY OPPINION- The best rice coal in the area regarding every issue I can think of. Most of all it burns cleaner than any other coal I have burned which keeps my furnace problem free. I have my furnace cleaned by a professorial once a year and he even said there was a difference after I switched and asked me where I bought the last coal from.

Best Regards,
wcb332

The price is NOT the same as last year. Current price for rice coal at DiRenzo Coal Co. is $180.00/ton. Call DiRenzo Coal directly for current prices 570 544-4743. Thanks
MATTHEW D.
 
Stove/Furnace Make: AXEMAN-ANDERSON & EFM
Stove/Furnace Model: 130 & 900 x 2

Re: Direnzo Coal in Pottsville,PA

PostBy: whistlenut On: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:42 am

Don't be afraid of any sizing or quality issues, then run a first class operation. If price is your sole purchase requirement, then you are missing the entire point. My suggestion is to try a little from elsewhere first, THEN you will appreciate what low ash, high BTU output really is. I never burned UAE, but after 46 years of coal burning I do surely know burn characteristics. Check out Gale Mining also. Excellent quality, great service. If you think blending of coals isn't a good idea, better not drink a glass of OJ, milk, or any other product. Quality and consistency win EVERY SINGLE TIME. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
whistlenut
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ&VanWert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks Boiler,Itasca415,NYer130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska-4,Keystoker-2,
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska,Gibraltor,Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Van Wert, NYer's, Ford,Jensen.
Coal Size/Type: Rice,Buck,Pea,Nut&Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Visit Lehigh Anthracite