Keystoker direct vent out through vinyl siding

Keystoker direct vent out through vinyl siding

PostBy: upstate On: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:10 pm

Does anyone have eny pictures how they ran their direct vent out through the siding? I'm looking to see how the air space for the 6" pipe with the stretched steel around the 4 " was dealt with. I'm not really sure how to make a nice clean look where the vinyl meets the pipe.

Any help would be great.
Thanks
upstate

Re: Keystoker direct vent out through vinyl siding

PostBy: Dennis On: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:31 pm

there should be an installation guide with the direct vent,or accessary kit for it
Dennis

Hand Fed Coal Boiler: AHS/WOC55-multi-fuel/wood,oil,coal
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/stove size

PostBy: CoaLen On: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:41 pm

Dennis,
I believe you're thinking of a power vent.

upstate,
Is there a possibility of going thru the top block of the basement wall? You could just come thru with a 4" ss pipe.
CoaLen

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker
Coal Size/Type: rice

PostBy: Dennis On: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:48 pm

CoaLen wrote:Is there a possibility of going thru the top block of the basement wall? You could just come thru with a 4" ss pipe.

i don't see why not,just keep the pipe 18" from combustibles in the basement or double/triple wall pipe if not enough space
Dennis

Hand Fed Coal Boiler: AHS/WOC55-multi-fuel/wood,oil,coal
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/stove size

PostBy: CoaLen On: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:16 pm

I don't know which Keystoker direct vent unit you're working with but here's the venting instructions for the Koker 160,000 btu furnace:
3. Select a position on a solid level surface. On non-masonry floors, use an approved fireproof protector under stove. Maintain 16” clearance from side of stove to combustibles. Maintain 6” clearance from 4” pipe to combustible. Clearance from 6” black wall pass thru pipe is 0” to combustibles.

The 4" pipe referred to is the single wall vent pipe. You only need 6" clearance from your floor joists or any other combustibles.
If you go out of the house thru your rim joist you do need the 6" pipe around the 4" vent.
CoaLen

Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker
Coal Size/Type: rice

PostBy: upstate On: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Sorry guys,
I have a keystoker 90k on the first floor of my house. I have the 4" exhaust pipe that has to go through the 6" for combustible clearance. I'm just wondering how I can terminate the 6" cleanly and have the siding look good as well. The exterior side of the 6" has to have an open end ( covered by expanded metal) for exterior air flow around the pipe.
upstate

PostBy: WNY On: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:36 pm

I would put a small deflector or something behind the vent top hat, it may discolor your siding a bit.
WNY

Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, LL & CoalTrol
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Hyfire I, VF3000 Soon

PostBy: europachris On: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:17 pm

I installed the DV from my Keystoker 90 using Simpson 4" PelletPro pipe and wall pass-thru. Behind the vinyl is poured concrete and I took the picture shortly after finishing up installation which entailed cutting a 6" hole thru the wall with a core drill - hence the wetness and such.

I ran the stove for 3 seasons with no issues with discoloration of the siding at all. The prevailing wind is usually from the West/Northwest and the pipe exits on the North side of the house, so with the cap angled as such, it never has a chance to blow against the house.

Chris
europachris

Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 350/Iron Fireman
Stove/Furnace Model: Custom bituminous burner